Softgames (51-200 Employees, 5% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
SOFTGAMES is on the lookout for a talented Game UI Artist to join a game team remotely in our Berlin office.
As part of a small, experienced and agile team the Game UI Artist is in charge of the User Interfaces of a game, creating and improving art assets for menus, icons and in-game HUDs. Furthermore the ideal candidate for Senior UI Game Artist position will design intuitive, attractive and functional UI systems while paying special attention to the quality of the user experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone to play an active role in a fast-developing games company and having a direct impact on its success.
As a Game UI Artist, you will be the part of one of the game teams and will report directly to the Producer.
You can either work REMOTELY or in our central Berlin office surrounded by a great bunch of people.
Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a graphics test.
- Creating the visual design from concept stage to implementation
- Designing UI animations, transitions and visual effects
- Documenting UI style guides
- Working in synergy with developers and designers, delivering assets in accordance to the project’s technical and feature requirements
- Concisely communicating your ideas about improving screen flows and game features from the perspective of the user experience
- Demonstrating creativity and adaptability to a variety of artistic styles
- You are passionate about games!
- You have 3+ years experience in UI design for games for mobile or Instant games.
- You have a great sense of aesthetics, composition and colour.
- You understand technical constraints and asset optimisation.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with 2D animation and special effects.
- Fluent in English, strong communication and interpersonal skills and familiarity with working in a small agile team.
SOFTGAMES offers a competitive package, including:
- Remote first – We have a flexible working setup. Either fully remote wherever you are or on-site in our modern office in central Berlin – You decide.
- Flexible working hours – Structure your working hours to your needs. No crunch, no overtime!
- Generous vacation regulation no matter where you are!
- Home office allowance – Working from home but something is missing? We offer a budget to make your home office as productive as possible.
- Further Training – Everyone at SOFTGAMES is offered training opportunities to strengthen their skills or learn something new!
- Studio – We’re a remote-first company but also offer a super modern office with state-of-the-art tech, based in the center of Berlin.
- Equipment – Choose between a MacBook Pro or Lenovo Laptop.
- Meal allowances – A monthly budget is additionally granted to be spent for your lunches.
- Wellness Benefits – Access to Virtual Yoga, Meditation, and more to stay healthy!
- Monthly extra grant for home office electricity + internet costs.
- Swag – Enjoy our stylish Hoodies, Bags, Mugs, etc.
- Christmas gifts – A tradition of unique and rewarding Christmas gifts.
- Epic company parties – Regular company parties to celebrate, including Carnival, Summer Party, Oktoberfest and Christmas Party.
- Retreat – Every year the entire company gets together to learn, share ideas, focus on the future, and celebrate our successes. Our events in general are epic but our off-side Retreat is one of a kind.
- Team events – We have regular Casual Fridays, virtual Game Nights, Pub Quizzes, Team lunches and much more.
SOFTGAMES is the leading instant gaming company. We develop casual, truly social games that can be played instantly across all devices. Our hypersocial blockbuster game “Bubble Shooter Pro” became a global top grossing game on Facebook and is played by millions of people around the world every day. We partner closely with Facebook, Samsung and more to craft the next generation of instant games that billions of people can play together. SOFTGAMES is a remote first company and the home of 100 people from all over the world. We believe in proactive, independent teams with the freedom to take initiative, challenge the status quo, and with the mission to create fun and everlasting Instant Games.
At SOFTGAMES, we believe that different perspectives and background in our teams contribute to the quality of our work. We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion / worldview, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.