NTT DATA Services (501+ Employees, 2% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
- Individuals have a deep understanding of their own subject area and a broad understanding of related subject areas
- They handle diverse issues and lead statutory audits to ensure timely filing of the statutory financial statements
- Prioritizes activities to meet close deadlines and local financial statements filing deadlines.
- Ensures adherence to company financial reporting requirements and local GAAP reporting requirements
- Ensures accurate reporting by reviewing high risk journal entries and supporting documentation and key account reconciliations.
- Balances books and prepares P&L, income and/or balance sheet statements as necessary.
- Coordinates, develops, issues, reviews and updates business unit accounting and operating policies.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or professional qualification
- Minimum working experience of >5-6 years, preferably in an accounting firm and/or MNC
- Prior experience related to audits & statutory accounting, all facets of monthly accounting cycles and procedures to include financial reporting.
- Exert knowledge of relevant accounting practices and principles
- Excellent communication skills & proficient in English.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint etc)
- SAP user knowledge and SOX experience is an added advantage
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Results oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player
- Able to work independently and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Advanced business partnering skills
- Ability to train and mentor others
Statutory Accounting – Position’s General Duties & Tasks:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for statutory accounting and tax support for the countries allocated.
- Responsibilities include planning for external statutory audit or financial statements preparation timeline, identifying statutory adjustments, preparing local GAAP trial balance and financial statements, update statutory ledgers, dealing with external auditor and handle audit requests, working with internal accounting functions to compile the information/documents required by auditors and local accounting firm to meet FS filing deadline.
- Handling monthly accounting close activities (i.e. preparing & posting journal entries, analyzing financial statements & ledger activities), prepare balance sheet reconciliations, fluctuation analysis on balance sheet and P&L items, support monthly/quarterly reporting requirement including group consolidation package reporting).
- This position will require interaction with other teams including finance team, FP&A team, project accountants, GL accountants, tax team & legal team within the organization to perform the statutory accounting tasks & compliance related matters.
- Involve in continuous process improvement and simplification project related to audit and reporting matters. Work closely with team members or other functions to rectify exceptions and closes all gaps identified.
- Maintain compliance with corporate accounting policy and at the same time understand local GAAP requirements. Able to highlight the differences between both and bridge the gap.
- Support internal & external audit and corporate tax filing.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Business Process, Technology, Management