Webflow (201-500 Employees, 121% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Webflow is a fast-growing startup on a mission to empower everyone to create for the web without having to learn to code. We’ve built a business on the foundation of making complex website and application development much easier. In addition to a thriving business, we have a very passionate community. Webflow is looking to hire a Global Tax Manager to drive our next phase of growth.
As our Global Tax Manager, you’ll report to the Controller and work closely with cross-functional business partners and key external partners. This is a high-visibility role that will play a key part in helping scale the Company.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
- Full Time
In this role, you’ll …
- Manage US and International income tax returns, including federal, state, international and local country compliance.
- Partner with our external tax firm to calculate/review our ASC740 annual income tax provision, and to prepare financial statement disclosures.
- Own overall tax compliance, including registrations, required filings, and AvaTax build out for indirect tax process (both state and local, and indirect taxes in jurisdictions that impose tax on SaaS transactions).
- Remain up to date with current income tax issues impacting Webflow, and proactively communicate impacts to business partners.
- Draft technical memos as needed regarding applicable tax issues.
- Own and advise on special projects, such as entity creation, tax planning, etc.
- Responsible for ad-hoc tax filings and information requests, including but not limited to Franchise tax, Property tax, Gross Receipts tax, tax notices, etc.
- Work with advisors on statutory tax audits and inquiries by both US and International governmental authorities, and partner with our auditors.
- Maintain global transfer pricing policies and calculations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with cross functional business partners, including accounting, finance, legal, engineering, and outside tax advisors
You’ll thrive as our Global Tax Manager if you:
- Possess strong understanding of US tax laws
- Are a detail-oriented individual with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Have prior experience at a high-growth company
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Are passionate about building from the ground up
- Have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Have experience working in public accounting and/or corporate tax departments
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director, Strategic Accounts and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You’ll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification may be required for this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow’s request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable. At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated. We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.