Reddit (501+ Employees, 119% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for a Head of Advertising Business Development to lead all business development related to Reddit’s advertising business globally. This person will focus on partnering with the advertising leadership teams to develop a comprehensive partnership strategy and related pipeline. Over time, the person will build out a success based team as we grow the advertising business. The ideal candidate is someone who has 10+ years of online/mobile advertising related experience, ideally at a social or other consumer media platform.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Partner with Reddit’s advertising organization to develop and execute on a comprehensive partnership strategy accelerating Reddit’s revenue growth globally
- Work closely with ads product and engineering teams to understand roadmaps and needs to help inform deal sourcing and priorities
- Conduct rigorous analysis to develop partner pipelines and detailed deal term guidance
- Lead diligence and deal negotiation efforts, coordinating with product, engineering, sales, finance, tax, procurement, privacy and legal teams
- Deep dive into local contractual and operational nuances, and establishment of global contractual frameworks covering business, legal and privacy remits
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure successful partnership hand-off, integration, and operationalization
- Handle ongoing amendments, and renewals, while advocating for and negotiating new deal terms that might arise with partners
- Provide ongoing thought leadership on platform and business strategy, working lockstep with the Advertising org to help drive global strategy and growth
What We Expect From You:
- 10+ years of general business development and partnership experience
- Extensive experience driving multiple deals from start to finish: comprehensive strategy development, partner identification, term sheet /legal agreement negotiation, partner onboarding, and post deal amendment/renewals
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company including legal, privacy, finance, tax, procurement, corporate development etc.
- Excellent communication skills whether it is presenting to c-staff, senior executives or sharing your strategy with the broader company
- Self-motivated problem solver who can work in a unstructured environment
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Experience building and managing teams
- MBA / JD or other advanced degree preferred but not required
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].