At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking a Head of Design who will lead creative vision for the design team and organization. Supporting a global brand presents significant product and marketing challenges. Reporting to the VP of Product, you will lead and build a world-class team of designers at the center of solving those challenges.
We’re excited to work with someone that sets a high bar for execution and can keep up with the pace of innovation in a rapidly changing start-up environment. We’re currently a team of 350+, and you will be working with a growing team of senior designers.
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- You have a track record establishing creative vision for design teams and organizations
- You have recruited and managed effective design teams with experience building both consumer and enterprise products
- You are dedicated to push product experiences beyond what’s expected by crafting designs that make people happy and measurably move the business forward
- You are comfortable directly engaging stakeholders, customers, users and investors
- As a leader, you encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles
- You approach every project with 100%. No project is underneath you
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of design experience (UI/UX/Product/Brand)
- 6+ years of experience as Head of Design or a similar role
- Experience designing products across web, mobile and television screens
- Experience working with international products
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast and a focus on execution is critical
- Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse global teams
- A deep sense of design accountability
- A history of mentoring strong designers and contributing to the design community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on event, video streaming or community products
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.