Dribbble (201-500 Employees, 51% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and an inspiration destination for over a hundred million people every year. We’re empowering creatives around the world to make a living doing what they love. Our mission is to provide support at every stage of a creative’s journey; whether that’s freelancing, selling their physical and digital goods on our marketplace, or being hired by some of the world’s leading design-forward companies.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Dribbble – you get to do both, as part of a highly collaborative team, working on one of the world’s top 1000 websites.
At Dribbble, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across North America (Canada & the US). We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We’ve seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
About the role:
As the Head of Growth at Dribbble, you will grow, mentor, and lead a team focused on defining the next stage of growth at Dribbble. You’ll help us scale up established growth loops and prove out new ones to help more people discover and find value in our products. Working alongside a team of world class product managers, engineers, and analysts, you and your team will identify and execute on the biggest opportunities to solve customer needs, drive business impact and recognize Dribbble’s mission. This is a unique opportunity for someone who thrives at the intersection of product development and marketing, and loves using data, to help millions of creative professionals find opportunities and inspiration.
Within your first 6 months:
You’ll begin to take ownership for the growth roadmap; building growth product experiences and infrastructure in order to grow the business internationally. You’ll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key product growth initiatives, focusing on unlocking stellar experiences for our global audience. You’ll seek out opportunities for innovation, increased efficiencies, and outsized impact.
You’ll lead a team of Product Managers that work across SEO, CRO, Internationalization, Onboarding and Life Cycle.
As Head of Growth, your responsibilities here will include:
- Being the owner of the top of the funnel. You’ll lead the team that is responsible for SEO, lifecycle marketing, and Conversion Rate Optimization efforts. You’ll drive customer acquisition, activation, and retention efforts through quantitative results, A/B testing, conversion rate optimization data, and customer insights.
- Work in and out of the product to drive growth KPIs and targets for user acquisition, activation, engagement, retention, and resurrection. You’ll work cross-functionally with product, marketing, customer success, customer support, and sales to identify growth opportunities and implement solutions.
- Architecting, articulating, and executing against the strategy for delivering impactful business outcomes using product-led growth best practices, always maintaining a high bar for customer empathy.
- Identifying, testing, and launching new user acquisition strategies, including SEO, personalization, and multi-channel efforts. You’ll test new creative landing pages and channel initiatives to acquire users.
- Applying a growth framework to the entire user journey to optimize our channels and product experience to support engagement and retention. You’ll work across the experiment lifecycle including ideation, prioritization, experimental design, launching A/B tests, and analyzing results.
- Providing support for cross-channel communications in collaboration with Marketing, Growth, and Product.
- Drawing on your entrepreneurial spirit and drive to continuously innovate to lead the Product Growth team to excellence. You’ll hire, coach, lead and manage the career, workload and professional development of your team of SEO, CRO, and lifecycle managers. You can build processes that will scale as our team and company grow.
We believe it’s important for you to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager in a relevant space or field (B2B SaaS or product-led growth at a technology company).
- 2+ years managing a growth team or relevant industry experience.
- Genuine curiosity to experiment and measure the impact of your work. You apply your passion and commitment to moving the needle of product growth by ensuring that everything you and your team do has a tangible impact.
- A thorough knowledge of customers (Why do they use the product? What are their problems? What are the barriers to value?)
- An analytical perspective. You thoroughly think through problems and care about identifying root causes before jumping into solutions. You love digging into quantitative and qualitative data to unearth non-obvious insights. You’ve had to form structured hypotheses and come up with reasonable ways (both quantitative and qualitative) that one could validate these hypotheses. You use data and user research to support and defend your decisions.
- A love of having ownership. You act like an owner, fixing problems that you find regardless of where they occur. You use strong prioritization and communication skills to drive your work forward – you don’t let blockers hold you back.
- An ability to define and simplify scope in a way that helps everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and appreciation of the work.
- The ability to prioritize and execute, based on what will be most impactful to the business.
- Stellar leadership skills. You can articulate goals and employ outstanding leadership and team building skills. You help elevate the quality of your team’s work, and evolve the skillsets of those around you. We’re looking for someone who communicates with honesty and kindness (and creates the space for others to do the same), and who fosters connection by building trusting relationships.
- A clear vision. You can align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to deliver. You have high integrity, consistency in your work, and a clear and visible set of values.
- A growth mindset. You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment. You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing creative solutions that not only drive KPIs, but help our customers succeed. You can inspire and lead across functions, including marketing, sales, data, product, design, and engineering.
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Paid volunteer days: for you to spend giving back to non profits/organizations that are important to you.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays – and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Save up: put pre-tax savings into a 401k/RRSP – we’ll match a portion of your contributions.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte – it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.