Volta Trucks (201-500 Employees, 1,000%+ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for Senior Lawyer as the first permanent member of our Legal team. This role can be completely remote or based from our offices in Reading.
We’re working to solve some of the most challenging environmental problems in city centre, last-mile logistics, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from your very first day.
We want to revolutionise city centre logistics in order to make urban environments better places to live and work. We’re creating the world’s safest commercial vehicles by reimagining conventional truck design principles, thanks to our full-electric drivetrain, and thus protecting vulnerable road users. Our electric powertrain also eliminates harmful tailpipe emissions, removing harmful pollutants that contribute to climate change. A crucial part of our journey is building a team of outstanding employees who share our vision for the future and our values of safety and sustainability.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors that all believe in the future we are creating. We have ambitious growth plans for 2022 and beyond, scaling our team and activity at an exciting pace. We are a people-led company focused around creating an exceptional business, and all employees have a high level of autonomy and a platform to make a real impact.
What you will do:
You will take full responsibility for our legal department and work independently to support all functions. Currently this function is outsourced and we are looking to bring it in-house
- Provide legal advice on a wide variety of commercial topics
- Draft and review contracts and agreements
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business
- Manage and work with third parties as needed
- Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout the company
- Design & deliver legal training where necessary
We would like:
- A fully qualified legal professional
- Strong understanding of commercial and corporate law
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks to non-legal colleagues
- Ability to work independently in a completely autonomous role
A typical Volta Trucks person:
- Thinks and acts in a non traditional way.
- Closely shares our values of safety, sustainability and electrification.
- Is action-orientated, proactive and works at pace.
- Is transparent, progressive & entrepreneurial.
- Is adaptable, resilient and open to change.
What working here will be like:
- We are a small, fast-growing team so you will have a high degree of ownership and accountability, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We are a start-up, so don’t have a lot of structures and processes. Things change quickly and we acknowledge when we get things wrong and change direction.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme
- We are committed to creating a first-class work environment. Every employee has a voice and we encourage open communication.