Oneapp (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ONE is on a mission to help people save and grow their money, in order to live better.
Today, people are getting by instead of getting ahead. Most use 5-7 apps to manage their financial lives, leaving them feeling disconnected from their money – and stressed. Moreover, 2 out of 3 people have no emergency savings and pay over $250 in overdraft fees each year.
We’re building ONE for people to manage their finances in one place, reduce financial stress, and focus on the things that matter most.
We’re seeking folks who are hungry, humble, and honest and ready to build a financial product that directly addresses the financial needs of those who need it most.
As Head of Talent, your mandate is to enable and execute on the ONE’s talent roadmap and strategy by leading a team to find incredible talent to help us realize ONE’s mission: Save and Grow Money, Live Better. To be successful, you’ll need to have a sophisticated understanding of the talent needs of a growth-focused company and understand each of the nuances of ONE’s business in order to advocate in service to both our candidates and ONE. As a leader on the People team, you’ll play a key part in coaching our hiring managers on how to recruit top talent so that they can build enviable and effective teams. On the People team, we hold the belief that a business thrives by the team it’s able to build, nurture and retain; and we’re eager to partner with a Head of Talent who feels the same. This role reports directly to our Chief People Officer.
This role is responsible for:
- Talent. You will be responsible for leading a team of Talent Partners to source, recruit, and hire talent across all functional areas of ONE’s business including Engineering, Product, Design, Decision Science, Credit, Fraud, Risk, Customer Service, and G&A Functions.
- Talent Focal Areas. We need to have a world class talent team that encompasses technical, business, leadership, university or early career, and diversity. Each of these focal areas are strategic lynch pins in the areas of expertise and culture we wish to build.
- Candidate experience. We are only as good as the impression we leave candidates on how they experience us from the moment of the first outreach. From interview plans and intake meetings to offers, you will think about all of the inflection points that matter.
- Market Mapping. Build out top of funnel: talent mapping, building out an excellent sourcing function (can be in-house or with external support), owning recruiting marketing (we’ve already had success with our first piece of content). We have a good track record of closing great candidates. We want you to help get us in front of more of them and ensure we have diversity in our candidate pool.
- The Hiring Plan. You will manage the building out and progress against our hiring plan. We want you to take inputs from our different hiring managers and assemble them into a hiring plan (with priorities and rough timing associated with each of the hires). Then we want you to figure out the required resourcing and track progress against the plan. It is less important to make accurate predictions about when we will fill roles (that’s not easily possible). Instead we want you to be the owner of the plan who is always in touch with which critical roles are falling behind; allowing you to make adjustments as needed.
- Scale. Today we are 250 people and by the end of 2023, we anticipate being about 500 people. As you position our talent function for scale in partnership with other stakeholders, you’re considering internal mobility, organizational design, and market factors that impact our ability to get to 500.
- Analytics and Dashboards. In partnership with the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for building and developing meaningful insights as to the how and why of how the market is responding to our recruitment efforts. On one hand you can measure pipeline performance or you can take a more creative approach. Ultimately, needs to be articulate and accountable to ONE’s objectives.
- Employer Branding. In partnership with our marketing team, develop an employer brand and position ONE in the market. Develop approaches to sourcing key candidates (e.g. career fairs, pools of curated candidates)
- 10+ years experience at startups, technical recruiting, and/or talent function of an early stage VC-backed company
- An enthusiastic approach to getting your hands dirty and in the weeds
- Prior experience executing, measuring results, and demonstrating progress
- Passion for teaching and coaching how to recruit and hire great talent
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across a diverse group of partners and team members. You know how to quickly build trust and make an immediately positive impression.
- Strong network of relationships with recruitment agencies and industry-specific bodies that can be leveraged for sourcing quality candidates, preferably in the US.
- An approach that prioritizes quality over speed
- Ability to operate with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- The Triple H Factor: Humble, Hungry and Honest
- An act-like-an-owner mentality. We have a bias toward taking action.
Working @ ONE
Join us! We hire talented people across the US (remote) and near our collaborative work spaces in New York (Tribeca), Sacramento, and Oakland. Everyone’s work preferences are different but here’s what’s true across all of our teams: we ruthlessly prioritize, we work asynchronously (meetings are a last resort), and we’re excited about starting small over perfect.
- Competitive cash (we don’t discount based on location)
- Benefits effective on day one
- Early access to a high potential, high growth fintech
- Generous stock option packages in an early-stage startup
- Remote friendly (anywhere in the US) and office friendly (you pick the schedule)
- Flexible time off programs
- 401(k) plan with match
Inclusion & Belonging
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. Email [email protected] with any questions.