BCD Travel (501+ Employees, 10% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Do you want to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment, where no two days are the same? We’re looking for a HR Coordinator who enjoys both a buzz and a challenge.
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we’ve been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
The HR Coordinator is responsible for HR administrative duties in a support role, working under the direction of HR management. This position is an introductory role in Human Resources where a general knowledge of HR is required, gained by education or experience. This position may support a single HR practice area or several (such as benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, etc.) based on the organization of the department.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Responsible for maintaining full knowledge of all the company’s human resource policies
- Answers policy questions for employees and managers
- Maintains a basic knowledge of HR regulations that impact their daily work
- Produces reporting and analytics to support data analysis and measurement for the HR team
- Maintains spreadsheet with tracking data for the HR department
- May assist managers with tracking and analyzing employees survey results
- Receives Requisitions for job posting process, ensuring appropriate approvals
- Maintains contact with managers to determine staffing needs
- Assists with background and reference checks for prospective candidates
- Assists New Hires with new hire paperwork and follows up to ensure receipt of completed paperwork prior to start date
- Responds to inquiries via phone, email and OneTouch from managers and employees and facilitates resolution
- Effectively communicates company policies and programs covering employment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, benefit plans, regulatory compliance, training, and related activities
- Assists with the administrative tasks associated with payroll and benefits, as assigned
- Maintains general knowledge of the Recruiting Management System and HR/Payroll system to view and process information related to assignments
- Reviews and submits HR data changes for Payroll and Benefits
- Coordinates the internal transfer process and new hire process
- Participates in projects applicable to HR. Actively contributes and completes assignments on time. Keeps the project leader informed on progress
- Respond to and action queries received and handle escalations
- Liaison with Payroll, Benefits, and HR teams to research and solve issues
- Promote a customer focused and team-based culture which identifies and implements improvements
- Meets service level agreements
How you can set yourself apart
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working in a corporate business environment
- Capability of exercising extreme discretion
- Good commercial English skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- University Education
- Prior experience in a Human Resources department
- Fluency in a second major language applicable to the region supported
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others are also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via [email protected] Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the ‘notify me’ button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
*Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.