Energy Vault (51-200 Employees, 149% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Energy Vault develops sustainable energy storage solutions designed to transform the world’s approach to utility-scale energy storage for grid resiliency. Our proprietary gravity-based Energy Storage Technology and the Energy Storage Management and Integration Platform are intended to help utilities, independent power producers and large industrial energy users significantly reduce their levelized cost of energy while maintaining power reliability. Utilizing eco-friendly materials with the ability to integrate waste materials for beneficial re-use, Energy Vault is facilitating the shift to a circular economy while accelerating the clean energy transition for its customers. Energy Vault is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbols NRGV and NRGV WS. For more information, please visit www.energyvault.com.
Position Title: Industry Analyst – Energy Storage
Location: Tysons Corner, VA or Remote
About the role
We are looking to add an experienced Industry Analyst to our Energy Vault Solutions team to support strategic efforts of the department. Our ideal candidate is a highly analytical professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats and working in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the President of Energy Vault Solutions, our Energy Analyst will provide strategic analysis and insight on Energy Storage industry, services, offerings, as well as competitors. Responsibilities will include general office management, administrative duties, purchasing, and customer service.
What you will do
- Perform strategic analyses associated with a focus on renewable energy storage solutions and ESS/BESS market
- Perform strategic analyses associated with overall Energy Vault business model
- Conduct cost and competitive analyses related to parity and with direct and indirect competitors
- Work with a variety of data sources extracting knowledge and actionable information from large data sets and data models
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Corporate Development departments on research projects related to product and service offerings as well as potential commercial opportunities.
What a qualified person should possess
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Environmental Studies, Economy, Statistics, or a similar major. (MBA preferred)
- 4+ years’ experience in conducting research and analysis within management consulting capacity
- Ideally work experience within an established management consulting firm having worked on various projects within energy sector
- Experience with Techno-Economic analysis, feasibility analysis, M&As and/or Post-merger integration particularly within Energy industry
- 2+ years’ experience working on high level strategy cases
- Remarkable attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Data Analytics platforms and data visualization tools
- A love for insights, innate curiosity, and deep desire to find ways to create value using business sense to understand and assure relevance and accuracy of data
- Strong communication (verbal and non-verbal) and organizational skills, innovative, open-minded, and a team player
- Willingness to travel domestic and international an estimated 15-25%
- Comfort in fast-paced, rapid growth environments is a plus
- A passion for sustainability, our mission, and our vision is a bonus!
At Energy Vault we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We believe inclusion creates opportunity for collaborative excellence through diversity of thought. We invite individuals of all genders, races, identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, national origins, abilities, protected veteran status, religions, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds to explore employment with our organization.