Second Dinner (51-200 Employees, 180% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Second Dinner is an independent game development studio that is here to make the most fun games in the world. Not super fun games. Not SUPER DUPER fun games. We mean the MOST fun games. And for our first game, MARVEL SNAP, we’re partnering with Marvel. That’s right, we get to play in the Marvel Universe!!
While we are headquartered in Irvine, California, most of our team is fully remote. We want the most talented teammates wherever they call home. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that’s a huge upside. Note: based on the responsibilities for this position, it is not eligible for fully remote status.
Our Security and IT Team
At Second Dinner, we believe empowering great people leads to great games and player experiences. Our team creates and provides solutions, tools, and services to empower members across the company to do their best work. We bring expertise and perspectives in privacy, compliance, InfoSec, and IT to work seamlessly with the team to help them be more effective and nimble.
The Information Technology Manager’s primary responsibility is supporting the people at Second Dinner – from equipment configuration, distribution, helpdesk, and implementing information security best practices. This will be the first “IT” role at the company and will be de facto in charge of planning for all areas of IT growth. In addition to day-to-day tactical expertise, this role will work closely with our Security & Compliance Manager to chart the strategies that will allow Second Dinner to securely and sustainably grow and flourish.
**Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document.**
What You’ll Do
- Manage Second Dinner’s IT infrastructure
- Provide day-to-day hardware, software, connectivity, and access support to Second Dinner team members in-office and working remotely
- Collaborate with internal resources and external vendors to resolve issues promptly and to provide team member training as needed
- Manage the enterprise authentication services and IAM for employees, contractors, and partners
- Manage hardware and software inventories, including software updates, assets, and licenses (Windows, Mac, Mobile)
- Manage and support SaaS services from provisioning to access management, including Google Workspace, Unity, AWS, Atlassian (Confluence, Trello, Jira), Slack, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to manage Second Dinner’s web domains and site backend
- Implement IT and site security practices in line with InfoSec needs and standards
- Support audit requirements in line with compliance and security requests
- Document, improve, and automate IT processes
What You’ll Need
- Similar professional experience at a software development company, including supporting remote employees
- Experience using MAM/MDM/inventory management tools (Google Workspace, jamf, intune)
- Experience with IAM, authentication, and Active Directory services (Google SSO, Okta, Duo)
- Experience managing cloud applications such as Google Workspace, Unity, AWS, Atlassian (Confluence, Trello, Jira), Slack, etc.
- An agile start-up mindset with the ability to excel with little to no direction
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Commitment to staying updated on current best practices in your areas of expertise (possibly with a background in IT administration, helpdesk support, or network admin)
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have but not necessary
- Familiar with practices and tools for Config as Code
- Application and platform security engineering experience
- Experience with managing or operating website backend
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status.