Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As an ISP engineer, you will be performing the structural design and layout of the shelter, along with designing the mechanical and electrical systems, fire suppression, power distribution, alarm wiring, and environmental monitoring and control.
Inside Plant Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work with our Network Investment team in determining building design decisions based on business drivers.
- Develop a standardized solution that complies with federal and state regulations for Telecom shelters.
- Act as the technical liaison with our internal project managers, outside engineering and contract manufacturing vendors, to develop appropriate solutions.
- Maintain current project information and implementation tracking in our Engineering system.
- Prepare necessary documentation and CAD drawings for the common building design.
- Identify and qualify all the components and multiple suppliers for the overall design.
- Provide technical support and solutions for any plant errors and problems that arise in production.
- 10+ years experience as an Electrical or Mechanical Engineer in modular building design and manufacturing.
- Hands-on experience in integrating monitoring systems using SNMP, Modbus.
- A BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Expert level and hands-on experience in DC power distribution.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3D modeling software.
- Familiar with content of the National Electric Code and other national and local Electrical and Building Codes.
- PE/CE/SE qualified Engineers preferred.
- Demonstrable planning, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and experience, as this role will be stretching from design to deployment of the shelters.
- Experience to handle multiple projects in parallel.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]