Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Meta Product Technical Program Management (TPM) community is pioneering technologies to bring people (and businesses) closer together at a global scale. Product TPMs work at the cross-section between technical execution and business strategy and are expected to partner closely with Engineering and Product teams. Being a TPM at Meta means driving impact by delivering measurable results across a wide range of areas. You’ll be responsible for defining and guiding high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress, and identifying and defining new program areas that support our existing and new products. Having a strong technical background and an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture along with experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive results are key drivers for this role.At Instagram, we move culture forward. With our focus on providing our users with the most entertaining content and connecting them with their close friends, you will be leading program strategy and execution across core Instagram products such as Feed, Stories & Ads as well as new products such as Reels and Shopping. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company.
Instagram, Technical Program Manager, Product Responsibilities:
- Manage cross-functional software engineering programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Establish shared goals with product teams across the company to build alignment across multiple cross-functional teams and to build and scale products for Meta.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Interface with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, and work with engineering teams to define, evaluate, and prioritize program scope and implementation plans.
- Communicate cross-functionally and manage collaboration across multiple engineering teams.
- Lead technical discussion with conviction, be a subject matter expert and have strategic influence.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the impact of your product area.
- Drive internal process improvements and remove gaps across multiple teams to ensure teams are working on high-impact projects that align with the company mission and goals.
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience working with product teams to build and deliver end-to-end customer focused products with technical knowledge of the underlying platforms and technologies.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]