Shopify (501+ Employees, 74% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Shopify is a cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses.
About the role
The world has changed and we’re changing with it!
Although our roots are in e-commerce, we are working with many of the world’s most innovative brands on the renaissance of online and in-person commerce, powered by Shopify technology.
As our merchants reinvent themselves with courage, ingenuity, and drive, we too are reimagining our future. We are revolutionizing how we work and support our merchants by operating in a fully distributed work-from-home “digital by default” environment as we build the future of commerce.
We are looking for someone exceptional to join our Global Revenue Acceleration team as an Instructional Designer, reporting into the Global Sr. Sales Enablement Lead. In this role, you will keep a pulse on learning needs across the Global Revenue Acceleration team and leverage technology to create learning programs with a Digital by Design mindset. As our Instructional Designer, you’ll have in-depth knowledge of a variety of eLearning authoring tools and digital resources.
About the role:
- Develop and advise on the overall framework and design of sales onboarding and enablement courses, ensuring alignment with learning needs
- Build and design on a foundation of adult learning principles
- Collaborate with program managers across to establish objectives and goals of all learning programs
- Collaborate with stakeholders across various internal teams to execute learning courses and curriculum, and maintain existing learning programs
- Track and report on training activities to ensure program effectiveness; gather and analyze data to identify opportunities to improve/enhance learning experiences
- Conduct quality assurance assessments on all learning courses to provide trends and insights to the leadership team
- Knowledge of training development principles such as ADDIE or SAM and experience designing, developing and delivering training and enablement content for diverse adult audiences
- Continuously drive leading-edge digital-first innovations into learning experiences
- Translate the design vision to impactful digital assets. Facilitate digital design experience and contribute to working sessions to develop and document the end-to-end learning experience solution for each type of interaction
- Direct visual approaches to learning solutions, including asset creation/curation and layout
- Create visual storyboards and sell your vision to internal partners
- Produce high quality audio and video assets grounded in proven learning best practices
- Lay out animations and interactive exercises
- Test, deploy, and troubleshoot digital learning offerings
- UX testing of digital learning offerings
- Make recommendations to the team on digital learning tools and best practices; help evaluate new tools and technologies as needed
- Experience in sales training or enablement a plus
- Extensive experience designing and developing digital as well as in-person learning experiences
- The ability to translate vision into execution; can think big picture while producing effective learning experiences
- Proficiency in a variety of authoring tools
- A knack for communicating complex ideas visually
- In-depth knowledge of anti-bias, diversity, and cultural awareness in the creation of digital learning experiences
- A portfolio demonstrating your success in learning, digital learning, graphic design, illustration, and/or animation
- Results driven with a strong bias for action
- Derives energy from solving problems creatively
Tools of our Trade:
Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
Closing date: Friday, October 15(11:59PM EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify’s commitments.