Evolve Security (51-200 Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What will you be doing?
Evolve Security is looking for a Pen Tester to join our growing team. This position will assist with and lead the overall successful delivery of various application and network vulnerability assessments, continuous internal / external penetration assessments and other types of security strategy and architecture reviews.
- Providing cybersecurity guidance and strategy to Evolve Security clients
- Performing technical penetration testing, cloud security assessments, and application security assessment projects as lead and/or supporting engineer
- Assisting with building internal Evolve Security processes, procedures, templates and methodologies
- Assisting with development of technology that supports the delivery of cyber security services
- Other duties as assigned to help support the growth and expansion of enterprise and academy initiatives
Are you the right fit?
- Passionate about cybersecurity with a curiosity to learn
- 3-5 years of experience in an information security consulting role, preferably in a penetration testing, audit, assessment, or compliance role
- Hands-on security technology experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, and related experience.
- Strong networking skills with in-depth knowledge of network protocols, routing, and architecture
- Strong systems administration skills, specifically with Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- Deep understanding of information security and risk management concepts
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and associated command-line administration tools (Bash / PowerShell)
- Knowledge of the application stack including, web, mobile and API
- Understanding of SQL and multiple database platforms (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of networking technologies (IP, TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Scripting experience in one or more of: Python, Bash, and Go
- ESCP, Security+, OSCP certifications
- A desire to tinker and understand how things work
- Ability to interface with clients, utilizing consulting and negotiating skills
- Strongly self-motivated and able to work independently towards team objectives
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and ability to work as part of a team
Why join us?
- Progressive startup culture in a high growth organization, with minimal bureaucracy
- Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
- 22 Company Holidays + Flexible Paid Time Off
- Healthcare Benefits with employer contribution
- 401(k) Match
- Parental Leave
- Annual vacation bonus
- Annual Learning and Development Program
- Flexible work remote schedule
Who is Evolve Security?
With leadership in the information security industry for over 15 years, Evolve Security is a technical cybersecurity services firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. We are dedicated to improving our client’s security posture by providing Continuous Penetration Testing, Application Security, and Enterprise Training services.
In addition to our professional cybersecurity service offerings, Evolve Security offers a cybersecurity bootcamp, “Evolve Security Academy”, currently ranked the #1 cybersecurity bootcamp in the world. The 16-week Cybersecurity Bootcamp in Chicago provides immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills, they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through live security assessment work that they perform on not-for-profit companies.
We are passionate about directly improving our customers’ security posture, and we proudly train others to help meet the need for qualified cybersecurity talent.