Tendermint (51-200 Employees, 127% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Tendermint brings simplicity, security, and speed to the world’s blockchains.
Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7).
About the role
Tendermint is seeking a Payroll International Role with experience in exercising payroll in a growing startup environment. Your work will be instrumental in supporting our international payroll processing and growth. This role will own the international payroll function including the management of multiple external Employer of Record (EOR) and internal payroll processing through country-specific software platforms. We’ll also look to you to design and execute a smoothly conducted international payroll process while operationalizing the payroll set-up process for new hires.
You will be working closely with our Recruiting, HR and Accounting teams, and most of your time will be dedicated to laying the foundational infrastructure for an efficient and scalable payroll function.
We’re looking for a motivated and versatile self-starter who balances scalable structure with flexibility, has empathy for their team members and those they work with and wants to build and own the payroll function at a small but growing crypto startup!
What you will be doing:
- Coordination of payroll related matters in Europe (currently: France, UK, Switzerland, Italy, Romania, Germany) and in future countries.
- Owning the European and Asian based set-up of new employees, e.g. collect all social contribution and tax registration information.
- Managing our partner vendors (Employers of Record) to onboard new hires in jurisdictions that we can’t support direct payroll yet and coordinate/manage subsequently the payroll and invoicing process.
- Close cooperation with our internal accounting team and external tax advisors on payroll topics and reporting.
- Manage calculations and payment of salaries, Token-Bonuses, social contributions, taxes, and preparation of payslips.
- Act as our main point of contact for managers and employees for technical and administrative payroll questions.
- Ensure correctness of employee data in BambooHR System .
We’re looking for someone that has:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing payroll internationally.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- English proficiency.
Nice to have:
- 8 years+ experience in HR and or payroll, specifically in international payroll.
- Experience creating reporting and/or drafting journal entries for Accounting function.
- Interest or passion in cryptocurrency or blockchain.
- Experience in international payments and cryptocurrency.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Tendermint in the news: