Nelnet Community Engagement (NCE) (51-200 Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Nelnet Community Engagement (NCE) is seeking an iOS Software Engineer (senior level) to join our engineering team.
This position is full-time and is inherently fully remote (but if you’re near one of our hubs in Kansas City, Denver, Salt Lake City, or Lincoln and would like to come into an office some days, that’s cool too).
At NCE, we believe in the power of community-minded organizations. We help those organizations grow their impact by making it easy to engage anytime, anywhere. Our mobile-led strategy includes customized mobile apps, communication, online giving, and online learning. We help schools (under our FACTS brand), churches (under our aware3 & CFT brands), & nonprofits engage and grow their communities through text, web, & branded apps.
- We value collaboration. That’s often shown through pair programming, mentoring juniors & interns, engaging in healthy PR dialogue, defined OpenAPI specs, ongoing learning presentations, as well as just being a supportive & vulnerable human being.
- We value iteration. MVPs. Small tickets. Small PRs. v2’s. All documents are living documents.
- We value a balanced mix of work. We routinely pay down tech debt. We write internal documentation. We improve tooling. We help educate our teammates.
- You can read more about our values over on the company About Us page (https://aware3.com/careers).
- Recent culture survey response quotes: “I love that I can bring my authentic self to work. Thank you for creating that space.”, “Thanks for actively checking in to make sure we are healthy (mentally and physically) during covid and pushing for policies that are inclusive.”, “NCE definitely gives a ****”
- Interest in both Objective-C and Swift.
- Interest in automated testing (Appium, XCUITest, etc).
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively.
- Experience with Github, Gitlab CI, AWS, Fastlane, Crashlytics, Firebase, Appium.
- Familiarity with Android development.
- Working knowledge of industry standard iOS frameworks, for example, Alamofire.
- Knowledge, ability, and especially willingness to write automated testing.
- Experience with Kanban or Scrum.
- Understanding of Human-Centered Design and a drive for UX excellence.
- Consistently implement solutions by writing concise, efficient, testable code.
- Responsible for code written, including writing tests and patching bugs.
- Explore requirements and recommend solutions to achieve those needs.
- Support teammates and end users with code fixes and day-to-day interactions.
- Focus on continuous improvement and regularly delivering value to production.
Our Hiring Process
- Possible code sample request
- Chat with hiring manager (30-60 minutes)
- Skills interview with a panel (60 minutes)
- Come help our clients engage and grow their communities
Comp & Benefits
- Annual salary range is $100k – $135k for Senior Engineer.
- 4.2 weeks ETO + 7 holidays + 4 floating holidays + Paid parental leave
- Free health insurance (associate-only, bronze plan, meets requirements). Very affordable rates if you add on from there.
- Up to $1.8k in pre-tax HSA wellness incentives & $300 in wellness reimbursements.
- 401k w/ 4% match
- Company laptop provided + remote office setup stipend
- Tuition assistance, up to $5,250 / year
- Matching charitable gifts. 1:1 for most, 3:1 for educational 501(c)3’s
We believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will lead to a better company and better products. We seek to continue our diversity journey and we actively encourage everyone (yes, you!) to consider becoming a part of the team. Our 56 person Impact Platform team is presently: 43% women, 29% POC, 7% LGBT+, 5% veteran, and 21% neurodiverse. 80% of our team falls into at least one of these categories. We want to be a place everyone can belong and thrive.
Our growing, dedicated team works remotely. If you live in cities where we have a hub (Kansas City, Denver, Salt Lake City, or Lincoln), and you like occasionally visiting an office, we’ll save a desk for you. All candidates need to be eligible to work in the US (Citizen, green card, or other EAD). We have a casual work environment with a collaborative and supportive team dynamic.
No recruiters, staffing firms, or contractors, please.
PS: We’ve had some deliverability issues with Gmail users lately. If you’re using Gmail, please allow all @aware3.com email addresses like this: https://a3a.me/pv9vV to make sure you get all our correspondence.