Motive (501+ Employees, 139% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are seeking to hire a Director of IT at Motive to support our worldwide IT Operations in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia. This role requires an experienced leader to raise the bar of IT at Motive to a world class level, ready for operating as a public company. To facilitate this, the ideal candidate will have experience at a high growth technology company as well as running broad IT operations at a public company. Transparency, empowering leadership, strategic thinking, and a keen technical acumen are traits we are looking for in our next IT leader. This role will report to the SVP of Business Technology.
What You'll Do:
- Drive business outcomes via IT initiatives that support the needs of the stakeholder teams in the business
- Ensure IT is providing world class Global IT Policies and Procedures, Security, Regulatory and Compliance needs
- Lead the IT team to provide innovative and simple solutions to hard and complex problems
- Partner with the business stakeholder teams to be thought of an extension of their teams through strong relationships.
- Thoughtfully manage the IT budget via Vendor management, contract negotiations, and service consolidation to gain economies of scale
- Drive hardware and software evaluations to best meet business outcomes
- Manage worldwide remote office and employee IT needs
- Implement an IT Service Delivery mindset that allows us to measure, iterate, and improve those services.
- Set and deliver towards an IT Roadmap that will allow the business to scale unencumbered by IT
- Establish goals for IT department employees, develop their competencies and manage their performance on an ongoing basis.
- Offer employees ongoing support and coaching to maximize team engagement and performance
What We're Looking For:
- BA/ BS in computer science, information systems or related field experience
- 10+ years of total experience including at least 5 years leading a global IT team
- Proven ability to create and maintain effective documentation, including policies, processes and procedures
- Broad operational experience in public company environment with a deep understanding of IT
- Proven experience to deliver in a fast paced technology company
- Solid Project Management and technical systems implementation experience
- Data driven decision making mindset
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.