Checkr (501+ Employees, 94% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr’s Corporate Engineering team is looking to grow and we are adding an IT Support Engineer to the team in our Denver Office. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is an independent worker, and takes pride in their work by completing tasks right the first time. Ideally, you have experience providing exceptional technology support in a start-up and/or corporate environment being comfortable with enterprise networking, conference room technology and basic computer troubleshooting. This role requires you to be great with people with a strong focus on process and documentation. You will be joining a diverse team that is passionate about finding ways to improve and innovate so that together we can provide Checkr with the best workplace technology experience.
- Provide IT assistance to all Checkr employees for tasks including password resets, access requests, onsite support, A/V help, etc.
- Provision & de-provision accounts
- Create documentation for access for new employees
- Promote best practices as established by Corporate IT and redirect inquiries as necessary
- Coordinate with other teams and departments to complete tasks and projects
- Track, resolve or dispatch all issues in Jira Service Desk
- Administrate and integrate cloud services e.g. Google Workspace, Slack, Okta, and many more
- Create and update technical documentation for internal IT teams and for Checkr employees
- Improve the experience of our users and our internal processes by constantly asking ‘How can I make things better?’
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 3+ years experience working in a heavily SaaS-based environment (Slack, Zoom, Google Workspace, Okta etc.)
- Deep understanding of computer fundamentals: networking, hardware & operating systems
- Experience performing hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting on iOS & Android devices
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Experience with MDM (Workspace One/JAMF)
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices, while using tools like Slack or Zoom to support them
- Ability to work daily in our Denver office
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $71,528 – $84,150.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.