Tyk Technologies (51-200 Employees, 65% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are currently looking for an IT Support consultant to join our IT team and provide tech support across the business. You will ideally be based in Europe and be comfortable working remotely and across multiple time zones. We are looking for a team player with a positive, proactive attitude and experience in IT Support.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Provide daily IT Support, handle IT support, and request inquiries
- Provide hardware support (MacBook, Laptops)
- Supporting the ITS team with administrative tasks
- Create support documentation, troubleshooting guides and how-to’s
- Basic user account management/maintenance
- Basic asset management
- Attend to ad-hoc admin tasks
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in a fast-paced customer-focused environment
- Experience in a remote environment
- Experience in software support for Apple and Windows devices
- Good knowledge of hardware support
- Good knowledge of SaaS working environments
- Previous experience of working within a remote IT support role
- Experience with providing technical support 1/2/3 line level support
- Understanding of LANs, WANs & Wireless, TCP/IP Networking Principles
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Be a confident communicator
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think logically
- A good understanding of how software and operating systems work
- Possess excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with users You need to be able to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team and independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and re-assess on a regular basis
- Have strong attention to detail
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instill it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io