Qikserve (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
QikServe is the enterprise platform for guest self-service in hospitality. Our digital ordering and payments solutions are powering some of the biggest players in the hospitality industry. From one of the world’s largest coffee chains and travel concessions operators to household names in the world of fast casual, theme and amusement, we’re giving guests the convenience to order and pay for their food whenever and however they want. Learn more at www.qikserve.com
We believe in our company, our solution, our team and ourselves and we welcome talented individuals to come and be part of it.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Agile team and contribute to our exciting and innovative products.
We are Agile, use Scrum Methodologies, and our Sprints usually last for two weeks.
The person we are looking for will be comfortable in an autonomous team that is always learning and growing together. We want someone who listens and contributes, strives for technical best practice and shows initiative and resourcefulness when tackling both planned and unplanned development problems. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of our products, focused on our Java based hospitality API and integrations.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a small successful engineering team where you can influence the future direction of our product lifecycle, from development best practice to deployment technologies.
We are a truly Agile team with no siloed roles and we succeed together. You will be a cross functional development team member excited to take on everything needed to deliver outstanding solutions. This could be building our front-end, server, optimising our database, writing automated test frameworks, or scaling our distribution.
- Take on all development tasks to create high quality, intuitive and easy-to-use applications
- Design and implement new features in our existing applications
- Integrate our backend with new APIs
- Optimise applications for performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Promote high standards of design patterns and coding best practices
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 2+ years of industry engineering experience
- Experience with object orientated programming, ideally Java
- Experience integrating with and/or designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with efficient and scalable software systems
- Experienced with modern application frameworks – we use Spring Boot
- Experience with database integrations e.g. SQL/NoSQL & Hibernate
- Continuous use of testing frameworks e.g. Junit, Mockito
- Someone who is committed to taking responsibility, ensuring quality is built into work
- Love for automation, continuous integration and deployment, and agile iterative development
Salary: Negotiable and based on experience
Location: Remote Working from within the UK or Spain
We’re growing our Engineering team and it’s a great time to join and make an impact. We have teams in Edinburgh, Spain & Brazil and have over 9 years experience of working remotely.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please Note: You must have the right to work in the UK or Spain, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.