Smartbox Group (501+ Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Reporting to: QA Lead
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 (60% working from home time offered)
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK’s leading gift experience provider. Our core focus is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners, we aim to do this by providing industry leading products. The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017, and we are extremely proud to be part of the Moonpig Group since July 2022.
First a bit about the role:
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work alongside the IT team based in our Borehamwood office. Working within the QA Team, the main responsibility will be to ensure on-going QA.
This is a unique and fantastic opportunity to join a team within the business that is growing at an exponential rate.
This role with be a 1 year FTC role until July 2023 with an immediate start.
A bit more about the role
- Work with and support the QA Lead to gain the relevant skills and experience required for the fulfilment of the job.
- Review functional and technical documentation
- Analysing user stories/requirements
- Responsible to extract test scenarios from the use stories, prepare test cases and test data for the same
- Manual execution of test scenarios/testcases
- Defect logging using Azure Devops board, escalation and monitoring
- Hands on testing experience on Azure devops for sprint tracking, release management, project tracking through boards.
- Plan and carry out functional, integration, and (system integration) end-to-end testing of desktop, mobile sites.
- Execution of automation smoke and regression packs and analysing results and taking necessary action on failures.
- API testing – manual + automated (Postman, RestAssured api testing)
- Data integrity testing through SQL
- Testing support in Production Releases
- Make suggestions to improve quality standards and validation techniques for test cases and test plans
- Examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity
- Deals with and reports on breaches in security.
- Execute ad-hoc functional testing on request.
- Support Load test activity
- Able to maintain and enhance existing automation framework – Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, Java, Junit, Testng, Junit, Cucumber, Azure Devops
- Report test results to the QA lead and Product Owners
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies on request
And now about you:
- Minimum 2 years of testing experience, both Manual and Automation
- Relevant experience within a testing role for public facing websites or any web applications.
- Good understanding of the web technology and Internet
- Ready to take ownership of Projects and their successful delivery
- Experience in Java and C# programming language, writing queries in SQL
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and sprint structure
- The ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Outstanding attention to detail and good communication skills
- Experience in Automation tools and frameworks (BDD, Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, RestAssured, Postman, Newman, Appium ect.)
- Experience in Continuous Integration testing using GIT, Jenkins, Azure Devops
- Experience in Azure Devops pipeline creation and integration
- Load/Performance test experience using Jmeter/any other performance tool
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and above all, results driven. We are looking for candidates who want responsibility and have the desire to achieve. You will also need to be a strong team player and excellent at prioritisation.
We live by our company core purpose of Delivering Happiness – Amazing People. We only hire amazing people like you, if this is you and if this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to a competitive salary package, you will also be eligible for our host of employee benefits:
- 25 days paid holiday, increasing by one each year
- After 5 years with us you will be eligible for 1 month fully paid sabbatical
- Flexible work environment
- Access to Perkbox shopping discounts
- Bike to work scheme
- Free private healthcare
- Company matched pension benefits
- Learning & development opportunities
- Employee wellbeing program
- Discounted gym memberships and lots of opportunities to try out our products
We are a super friendly bunch with very big plans both for ourselves, our team and the business.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with amazing people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds – from working parents who need flexibility with their hours, individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way to those from underrepresented communities. We’re proud to have an employee-led group pushing the agenda on all things inclusive. And we will continue to strive for diversity and that sense of belonging so that each and every one of our team have a safe and comfortable environment in which they can be themselves and thrive at work.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say https://www.buyagift.co.uk/aboutus or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Buyagift-Reviews-E1140132.htm
Disclaimer: In applying to this position, you consent to Buyagift & Red Letter Days to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.