Climax Studios (201-500 Employees, 17% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Climax is one of the leading creative lights of independent games development with an outstanding line of top published titles. It truly is an exciting and inspiring place to work in the heart of Gunwharf Quays, at our harbourside studio in Portsmouth, UK.
We are looking for a fully remote Junior Technical artist with the ability to integrate and contribute to the team creating innovative experiences. Supporting the team with in depth shader and post process knowledge. Proven experience in Unity, technical expertise with Maya are certainly of benefit.
- Strong and versatile Rigging and Skinning skills
- Troubleshooting art pipeline and providing solutions
- Optimisation suggestions for all aspects of art within a game
- Create and optimise material shaders and blueprints
- Work closely with the code and art teams
- Critique and iterate in a group
- Follow and recreate established art styles
- Reliably demonstrate an aptitude for the platform technology, asset discipline and pipeline processes
- Experience creating and optimizing shaders
- Creative and self motivated
- Strong and versatile VFX skills
- Experience in Unity a must
- Experience using Maya
- Extremely quality oriented
- Blueprint experience
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- An artistic education to at least graduate level
- Strong folio including examples of shader work
- Successfully worked with iterative development and rapid game play prototyping
- Unreal 4 experience
- Console development experience
- Lighting skill
- Houdini knowledge
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We’re a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.