Hyphen (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re looking for a top-notch full-stack web developer: Are you a web application developer who is passionate about PHP and Laravel or Vue? Keep reading!
As a Laravel / Vue Developer on our team, you’ll help build production-ready, consumer-facing applications and backend financial systems. You are responsible for development of frontend and backend functionality across our suite of web applications.
Working with a team of other software engineers, including Laravel Developers, Vue Developers, and business leaders, you’ll have a direct impact on the development of strategies to help improve the capabilities, functionality, security, and integrity of both new and existing frameworks, application architecture, and reusable code libraries.
Our full stack developers are ambitious, multi-faceted go-getters with the ability to work independently and in teams to get the job done. Our software developers speak their mind, work to understand priorities and objectives, and are crucial to our success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS:
- Develop software and API integrations for cloud computing using Laravel and Vue.js
- Analyze, design, program, compile, debug, support, and modify software, enhancements, add-ons, and integrations for new and existing product offerings
- Evaluate technical needs in relation to proposed solutions
- Demonstrate sound judgement while still thinking strategically, creatively, and fostering innovation
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced developers and provide constructive criticism to help make the team stronger
- Follow the company’s programming guidelines and standards and enforces them amongst other team members
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR A PHP DEVELOPER, LARAVEL DEVELOPER, OR VUE DEVELOPER:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing web services based applications as a full stack software engineer
- 5+ years of experience with Laravel
- 1+ years experience with Vue.js
- 3+ years of experience in backend web application development
- 3+ years of experience building well-tested, high volume and large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with creating REST APIs and version control using Git
- Proficiency writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Extensive experience and understanding of Linux systems and strong Linux CLI skills
- Strong understanding of programming techniques and tools, as well as the web development cycle
- Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
- Passion for exploring new technology, proactively identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement, and staying up-to-date with new technology
- Ability to communicate effectively with team member and leads
- Ability to work remotely in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities
- Ability, willingness, and self-motivation to excel in a work from home environment for this remote position
- Bachelor’s in computer engineering, web development, computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud development (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in the financial industry preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. – no exceptions
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation is based on experience. Hyphen also offers full benefits including 401(k), health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and paid time off.
Hyphen provides a fully-automated, technology-enabled lending platform that ensures the entire loan application and fulfillment process is faster, easier, and more cost-effective for both the lender and borrower. By significantly reducing acquisition costs and underwriting expenses, while increasing conversion and capital deployment, Hyphen makes it possible for lenders to better serve existing clients, expand market reach, and increase profits — with reduced risk and fewer resources.
In addition to this position, Hyphen currently employs a team of 30+ individuals and is growing rapidly.