Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 294% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Distributed – Canada
Thinkific is a software platform that gives anyone, anywhere the ability to easily create, market, and sell their own online courses. We believe in impactful and innovative work: our team of 400+ Thinkers is building and expanding an incredible product that empowers creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn, grow, and succeed together. Join us to see how we’re building one of the best workplaces in Canadian tech!
We believe every candidate should have a fair, inclusive, and overall great experience when exploring a new role with Thinkific. That starts with outlining our hiring process so you know what to expect every step of the way—click here to learn more: https://thnk.cc/whattoexpect
Does the idea of helping innovative thought leaders grow successful businesses through education excite you? Are you passionate about creating a seamless customer experience? Do you tend to dream big right alongside your customers and do whatever it takes to get them to their goals? At Thinkific, we’re fanatical about customer success—and we’d love to have you contribute to an amazing end-to-end experience for our course creators.
As a Launch Specialist, you’ll be working with Mid-Market and Enterprise-level customers as they onboard and/or migrate to Thinkific. You’ll ensure that they have a well thought out launch plan and help them manage their project along the way. This looks like consulting them on their education tech stack, as well as providing guidance on how to best leverage the Thinkific platform and connected ecosystems to support their business objectives. Post-launch, you’ll work to transition them to working with their Customer Success Manager who is their strategic advisor for all things Thinkific and there to ensure long term success. As a subject matter expert on the Thinkific platform, you’ll help educate and share eLearning best practices with our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Help customers “learn the ropes” on the Thinkific platform, features, and best practices for site set up and course/student migration. This may include conducting one-on-one or group training sessions with customers
- Explore and solution automations (via API, Webhooks, and/or Zapier) with 3rd party systems (CRMs, Email Marketing, etc) based on the customer requirements and goals.
- Accept, interpret and solve technical questions (with assistance from our support and engineering teams when necessary) related to API, SSO, and Liquid Theme Code Customizations.
- Work closely with your customer’s project managers, web developers, and/or marketing teams to ensure all aspects of the site set-up for success.
- Liaise with the Sales and CSM teams to ensure a seamless transition for each client through their entire life with Thinkific.
- Collect feedback and act as the voice of the customer—you’ll advocate for their needs first and work closely with our product manager to scope out future features.
- Connect customers with Thinkific Experts to help them build their unique vision
- Act as the first point of contact for your high tier accounts in emergencies (that occasionally happen on evenings and weekends
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 2+ years in an account manager/customer success/implementation role, preferably in a B2B SaaS environment
- Be a team player and have a passion for seeing others succeed
- Be comfortable managing customer expectations through good times (and bad), and be able to solve problems under pressure
- Possess high levels of empathy and patience and be a strong communicator.
- Have the ability to notice trends and foresee issues—then proactively act to make improvements where necessary
- Be detail-oriented, tech savvy, and have some experience with project management
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have experience working in multidisciplinary teams and enjoy working cross-functionally
- A basic understanding of HTML and CSS – you don’t need to be able to build a website, but simply read code and understand what’s going on.
- Conversational API knowledge. You won’t need to write code but you should be able understand REST API documentation and know how to conceptualize an API solution.
- A strong understanding of common tech stack tools and their role in a business, such as email marketing, CRMs, data warehouses, eCommerce platforms, ticketing systems, etc.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in the Education/LMS field
- Have experience translating technical jargon to non-technical jargon and back again
- Have a technical background- you’re comfortable working with technical and non-technical people
What you can expect if you join Thinkific:
- An amazing team of talented, passionate, and kind Thinkers. Together, we’ve built an amazing culture—we’re one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and a Top Small & Medium Employer!
- The chance to build, improve, and innovate on a platform that’s driving positive impact—we already support 50,000+ active creators in over 165 countries.
- A competitive compensation package. This includes your base salary, equity, and an Employee Share Purchase Plan, on top of some great perks.
- Comprehensive benefits starting on Day 1. We have health, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family, plus $3000 for mental health care and a health or personal spending account.
- A flexible work environment—choose to work from home, at our Vancouver HQ, a co-working space, or anywhere there’s wifi for a change of scenery.
- An open vacation policy and flexible work environment. Our team takes a minimum of 4 weeks vacation each year and makes work fit into their lives (not the other way around).
- Career growth. We put an emphasis on your development with our annual Learn and Grow fund, training, mentorship, coaching, and internal promotion opportunities.
- A home office setup. You’ll be ready to succeed with a company-owned Macbook Pro and a budget to get a desk, chair, or any accessories to help you work comfortably and productively.
- Generous parental leave top-ups for up to 32 weeks, as well as fertility coverage through our group benefits plan.
- A place where you can bring your whole self to work. We know that different perspectives lead to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!