Bark Technologies Inc. (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Job Type: Full-time
Atlanta, GA and Remote (United States Only)
Salary: $200-250,000 DOE
Who We Are:
At Bark, we’re on a mission to keep children safer online – both at home and at school. We use
cutting-edge machine-learning technology to detect issues like cyberbullying, sexting, signs of
depression, suicidal ideation, and more. We also offer internet filtering and screen time limits. Learn more at www.bark.us.
Own the development and maintenance for our Bark Kids Android app.
- 7+ years experience developing mobile applications for Android
- Deep understanding of Android permissioning (e.g. Device owner, Device admin, Privileged, etc.)
- Experience with the development and customization of launchers
- Experience with Accessibility services
- Understanding of the trade-offs of sideloading an app
- Comfortable with green-fielding solutions for dedicated handsets
- Exceptional Java and/or Kotlin programming skills
- Familiarity with Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Understanding of socket programming is a plus
- Insatiable curiosity and a desire to learn and build amazing products
- Ability to work independently and follow technical direction with minimal oversight
- Strong communication skills to interact with other members of the engineering team and executive management
- Experience working in start-ups or other high demand, fast paced environments is a plus
- Implementing and maintaining application software throughout the full code life-cycle
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Equity stake in Bark
- Paid Time Off
- Paid sick time
- Benefits provided by Justworks. (We partner with Justworks, a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), to offer benefits packages for employees and their families.)
- Healthcare Support
- On-Demand Primary Care
- Online Mental Health Therapy
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Submit resume and application on BambooHR.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
If selected to continue to the interview process, you can expect:
- You’ll meet with the CTO for the position for a brief, 30 minute video call. They’ll get a sense of what you’re looking for and answer any questions you might have about the role.
- You’ll be given a take-home exercise to complete at your own pace. A working solution should be manageable with around 4 hours of dedicated effort, or less. You’ll submit your exercise to the team for review.
- You’ll have a 45 minute chat with our CTO video call to go over your submission, your work experience, and answer any questions you may have.
That’s it! The whole process can be completed in as little as two weeks, depending on your availability.
We recognize people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Bark is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.