Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta seeks a talented, highly motivated, team player to join its Commerce Commercial Legal team. You will be supporting a wide variety of commercial transactions related to Commerce products across Meta’s family of apps (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp), including new business development initiatives, platform integrations, IP transactions and technology licenses. You will also advise business teams on various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Lead Counsel, Commercial (Commerce – Sellers) Responsibilities:
- Contract drafting, negotiation, and advisory responsibilities for Meta’s commerce products across Meta’s family of apps, including creator monetization, platform partnerships, and incentive programs.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to Meta’s relationships with key partners and the commercial aspects of Meta’s products and programs.
- Commercial transaction support for other departments as required.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from across Meta to support and scale Meta’s commerce products.
- 5+ years practicing attorney experience (either in-house and/or at a global law firm).
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar.
- Technology transactions experience for platform companies (either in-house and/or at a global law firm).
- Experience working on and managing numerous projects and deals simultaneously under competitive deadlines.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, exercise sound business judgment and be solution-oriented.
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and managing technology deals (e.g., technology licensing, product development, platform integrations, etc.).
- Experience drafting custom agreements from scratch (i.e. not from existing templates).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]