Salesforce (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Job Title: DevOps Engineer (Build and Release)
Interested in working for a company that’s been in the Fortune Top 100 places to work 8 years running? Pardot is currently looking for software developers to help us build and deploy the Pardot web application that serves over 2000 requests per second and sends over 350 million emails every month. You’ll be exposed to a wide variety of projects and features, and you’ll continually expand your development skills. We pride ourselves on being the best place to work, and on having the best people to work with. We offer competitive salaries, ridiculously good benefits, and an extremely fun environment.
You are positive, self-starting, and supportive. You are excited about solving problems with technology, and you’ve solved problems using technology in the past. You probably have a GitHub profile with some neat things on it.
Ever feel like the developers at your company are left out, they simply don’t get the love that the customer enjoys? We feel the same way, so we want to spin up tools to make our fellow code gurus more productive day-in and day-out. We’re looking for an experienced engineer to join our DevOps team focusing on internal tools. Through our Continuous Integration and Delivery, Telemetry, and Developer Productivity tools, we enable our developers to get code out right when it’s ready and make sure it’s well monitored. Come help us navigate the waters of container-based local and production environments. We are polyglots: we use the best tools and languages for the jobs we tackle. International remote candidates are always welcome.
Key attributes for being a strong contributor on our team include:
- A commitment to engineering excellence. We care about our code, our interfaces and abstractions, our tests, our continuous delivery pipelines, and our metrics and monitoring.
- Desire and ability to learn new things: architecture, technology, languages and features are constantly evolving. It’s a good sign if you regularly seek to learn new tools or techniques, and to share what you’ve learned with others. We value curiosity and having a beginner’s mind when approaching problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems: you’re not afraid to dive in, read the logs, ask for help, and follow the stack traces wherever they go.
- An interest in distributed systems and application scaling.
- A collaborative approach to problems by working with other engineers and non-engineering stakeholders. Collaborating with other engineers and non-engineering stakeholders is very important to the success of our team. We value empathy and understanding each other’s pain points.
- Ability to take a business requirement, brainstorm technical solutions, and break it down into actionable user stories. The team has wide latitude to implement what we feel is the best technical solution that satisfies a customer need.
- Experience writing server-side applications. We typically use Go and Ruby. We’ll support you learning Go and Ruby if you haven’t used them in the past if you have Python experience.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure Automation and AWS
- An eagerness for developer enablement and improving developer productivity. We get excited when the development teams we support are able to ship their code faster and with higher confidence.
What a typical day looks like:
- Updating the story board with your latest status
- Assigning yourself the next story at the top of the backlog and moving it to be in progress
- What we offer:
- A chance to work with a great group of people on interesting problems.
- Opportunities to collaborate with engineers on other Salesforce teams who are tackling challenging and intriguing problems.
- A commitment to equal pay, equal opportunity and equal rights: https://www.salesforce.com/company/equality/
- Great benefits including paid time off, paid volunteer time off through our 1-1-1 model of giving back, health/dental/vision, 401(k) matching, an employee stock purchase plan, progressive parental leave policies, and much more: http://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
- Commitment to working with a remote team (with some core hours overlapping the US/Eastern time zone). Our team currently has members in the United States, Canada and Germany. Salesforce has offices in many cities across the world, and some of us work from our home offices.
- Collaborating on design documents with your teammates and other teams at Pardot and Salesforce
- Going heads down for a few hours or pairing with a teammate to discuss a problem
- Reviewing pull requests from members of the team, or from other teams in areas where you have expertise or interest
- Some days there are design meetings or meetings to talk about projects with other teams. Some days are heads down coding. Some days you collaborate with the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to resolve an incident.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.