Space-time (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Space and Time, we are solving Web3’s toughest data analytics challenges at planetary scale with decentralized, peer-to-peer technology. Apps built on top of Space and Time become blockchain interoperable, crunching SQL + machine learning for enterprises and any decentralized applications that need verifiable tamperproofing, blockchain-security, or enterprise scale. We turn any major blockchain into a next-gen database by connecting off-chain storage with on-chain analytic insights. Our team is growing fast, backed by some of the top blockchain orgs and VCs.
A career at Space and Time is lucrative, fast-paced, and very creative. We value you (and all your ideas) like family and we bring an endless supply of perks. This includes flexible workweeks + flexible vacation, add-on bonuses for hard work, we attend exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote), and most importantly- we provide analytics technology to the largest dApps, DAOs, DeFi/DEXs, GameFi, NFT platforms, enterprises, etc. We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from the most innovative minds in blockchain and data warehousing. Help us invent the first decentralized supercomputer!
As the REST/GraphQL API Engineering Lead, you will lead a team of skilled engineers responsible for building a developer-oriented, first-class interoperability layer for the platform. You will assist in the design and development of our APIs, enhance usability and feature-set, and improve performance and scalability.
- Lead a small team building scalable REST/GraphQL APIs
- Integrate with our decentralized authentication/authorization protocol
- Coordinate with other team leads on microservice integration
- Assist in roadmap planning and ticket breakdown – epics / features / stories
- Ensure all APIs are well documented and easily understandable for end users – clean API specifications
- Write object-oriented, clean, and maintainable code- delivering quality results on time with minimal supervision
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field. Masters or PhD a plus.
- 4+ years back-end engineering experience deploying REST and GraphQL API services
- 4+ years experience with Java
- 2+ years building external/published APIs
- 2+ years experience as a team lead, manager, or principal engineer
- Rock solid engineering fundamentals on full stack, RESTful services, and authentication mechanisms
- Solid experience with various authentication types and building services that scale API requests
- Experience with rapid development cycles and strong scripting and test automation knowledge
- Nice to have: Passionate about Web3, blockchain, decentralization, and a base understanding of how the Web3 stack leverages APIs (web.js, Ethereum.js, GraphQL, etc)
- Ability to engage senior business leaders and translate between the needs of the business and the demands of / capacities of technology
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Space and Time, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Space and Time are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
˖ Ultra competitive salaries
˖ Medical, dental, and vision insurance, disability/life insurance
˖ 401(k) Plan
˖ Aggressive bonus structure and/or Space and Time token allocations (similar to stock options)Very flexible PTO and paid holidays and flexible workweek
˖ Very flexible remote work options
˖ A massive list of perks including discretionary add-on bonuses for hard work, attending exciting events/conferences/parties, we’re headquartered on the beach near LA (but don’t mind you working remote)
Space and Time is an EOE and committed to building a diverse team