Proletariat (11-50 Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Proletariat is looking for a Lead Level Designer to join us in our work on World of Warcraft. The Lead Level Designer will lead and manage a team of designers who are responsible for creating engaging and exciting map and gameplay spaces in World of Warcraft. You will represent a growing Level Design team in cross-functional collaborations with other teams at Proletariat. Please provide a link to your portfolio when you apply! You may be asked to complete a small design test.
- Lead, manage, and motivate a team of level designers and
- Be the voice for the Level Design team to the wider Proletariat and Blizzard teams.
- Manage and provide guidance in the level design and implementation process.
- Along with the Content Director, ensure consistent and high-quality level content across the entire game.
- Mentor and grow the Level Design team, including hiring and promoting new team members.
- Be a driving force in creating a welcoming and respectful atmosphere for collaboration, communication, and creativity, with an emphasis on the values of diversity and inclusion.
- Work with the Content Director and other Design Directors to plan and deliver content in line with the broader vision and goals of the game.
- Translate game concepts into specific playable levels, including layout, modeling, gameplay, event scripting, balance, optimization, and tuning of levels.
- Lead the development of level / environmental architectural details and flow charts for all levels of assigned games
- Communicate ideas cross-functionally to solicit feedback and ensure support during game level design development.
- Work closely with the production team to maintain timelines, meet deadlines, and to work through level design revisions as needed.
- Coordinate with the environment art team to incorporate the work of 3D artists on textures and details to establish levels’ final appearances.
- Ensure research is conducted for levels.
- 6+ years of professional games industry experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience managing at least 2 direct reports
- Previously shipped MMO or open-world game titles
- Strong familiarity with best practices in level design, environmental storytelling, content delivery, and live games
- Experience building and iterating on competitive multiplayer game levels.
- Experience with documentation and production pipelines on medium to large teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to identify, mentor, and grow talent with an emphasis on building a diverse and inclusive team
- Strong empathy for your coworkers, reports, and players.