Wethos (11-50 Employees, 0% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our vision is to put more money into the pockets of independents everywhere.
Wethos is cofounded and led by a designer, which means we believe deeply in the importance of design and have put user experience at the forefront of our decision-making from day one. We’re looking for an innovative, experienced leader to take our product to the next level and ensure we are easy to use, easy to understand, andxa0our customers love us. You’ll be a key member of the team, leading design projects of significant scope, complexity and responsibility. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills. You’ll report directly into our co-founders.
We founded Wethos because 95% of freelancers don’t break six figures, and as former freelancers ourselves, this problem is personal for us. This role presents a unique opportunity to design cutting-edge software, spanning from crowdsourced pricing recommendations to our first-of-its-kind embedded banking and payments stack, making freelance is a more viable and lucrative career for hundreds of millions of people.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking Wethos’ product to the next level by ensuring we are easy to use, easy to understand, andxa0our customers love us.
- Working with a best in class team who uses cutting edge methods to drive the best experience for our users, and longevity for our business.xa0
- Delivering our crowd-sourced pricing data in new and innovative ways to help freelancers win better projects and take home bigger paychecks.
- Leading various UX initiatives including running design sprints to define and explore user problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Applying expert knowledge of the end-to-end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user.
- Understanding user lifecycle stages to create designs that drive more consistency, simplicity, and learnability to existing features.
- Maintaining and evolving a comprehensive design system, working closely with back-end developers to construct a more holistic approach to the relationships and dependencies between features as well as how those decisions impact usability for our end users.
- Measuring and improving metrics with a deep understanding how user experience and design decisions impact the business.
- Executing on user research in collaboration with product and product marketing, participating heavily in our existing user research program. You’ll run sessions with users to elicit useful qualitative feedback, synthesizing results, and applying them to design decisions.
- Working with cross-functional teams (developers, product managers, product marketers) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users
- Applying strategic thinking to visualize concepts and communicate them effectively to internal stakeholders, partners and customers
- Help others deepen empathy for our users and advocate for their needs through effective storytelling and data-backed insights
This role is for you if you have:
- 4-6 years of product design experience, ideally within fintech or consumer applications full-time within a tech company
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and learnable experiences; you have strengths in interaction and product design
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product marketing
- Proficient in product design tools such as Figma and Whimsical
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale