Passion.io (11-50 Employees, 84% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Passion provides e-learning through live streaming, drip content, offline sync, interactive experiences and communities.
PASSION.io is the Berlin-based company that lets you discover your passion through inspiring
PASSION.io helps people to make their dreams a reality by learning the skills from successful people. We call these successful people “experts” and by 2022, 30,000 experts will have helped 10,000,000 people. Our mission is to empower these experts to achieve that by providing the platform to turn skills into mobile apps and we give them everything they need to run a successful online business from concept to monthly payout. We are an international remote team with the majority of our business in the US.
In a nutshell:
The world is filled with so many different devices which makes design dynamic in every sense of the word, constantly changing and constantly evolving, just like the users. Depending on the products you’re working on, and the problems you’re solving, one day you might be a UI designer, and the next day you might be a Product Designer. Sound like you? Then we have some awesome news for you.
Passion has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Product Designer who is a sucker for all the elements that the designing process brings. In a nutshell you are a professional that definitely has the users’ needs at the forefront of your solutions as well as the business requirements in mind while designing as well. For example, “where does this product need to be in 2 years? Where does the business want to be in 5 years? What will be our monthly ROI if we bring the cost down on our products?”
In short, you are the guardians of the product: ensuring it’s the most relevant, cost-effective and functional product it can be and that all the stakeholders are happy.
What you’ll be working on
- Leading and mentoring the design team
- Hold the bar high for the rest of the team
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
What you can expect from us
- Steep learning curve: Expect the steepest learning curve you have ever experienced – we are building a playground at passion.io to become the best version of ourselves. Meet and work with successful people worldwide to learn their success secrets.
- Values-based company: Be part of an open, honest, creative, and results-driven environment where your opinion is highly valued. We want to change the world for the better by providing value to others.
- High-growth environment: You will be part of a strongly growing company, with the opportunity to develop into a key contributor with crucial responsibilities.
- Personal and professional development: You will tackle projects across departments and thereby gain an invaluable tool box for successfully tackling bigger and bigger challenges.
- Autonomy / entrepreneurial work-style: You will only be measured by the results you produce and are in the driver’s seat, with full flexibility.
- Remoteness and flexibility: You will join our truly international remote team from over 10 nationalities and work from anywhere you wish
- Relevant undergraduate degree or formal qualification would be an advantage
- 5+ years of professional experience UX/UI design
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong understanding of how to apply design thinking in the product process
- Experience in Designing, managing and implementing towards a design system
- A portfolio that demonstrates functional designs across desktop and mobile devices
- A user-centric mindset
- Strong wireframing/prototyping skills
- Experience conducting research/partnering with user researchers
- Experience partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services
- Experience working on complex applications
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- In-person team building events/ vacations a few times per year where we cover flights, accommodation, and fun
- Equipment budget
- VERY attractive compensation
- The opportunity for personal and professional development
- A fast-paced yet fun, young, and growth orientated team that is also professional in haxball
- A fully remote working environment, with full flexibility and freedom to work on your own schedule (within reason)
- No micro-management (we treat you like an entrepreneur)