Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
At Atlassian, our mission is to unleash the power of every team, and now we are looking to unleash the power of our own! We’re looking for a Lead Researcher to help us gain insight into how we empower and multiply the impact of our engineering teams. Cloud Infrastructure serves internal customers through providing the tooling for all developers within Atlassian to build, test, deploy and run services and libraries more efficiently.
The Lead Researcher will be focused on discovery phase research which will inform the strategic direction of the Cloud Infrastructure roadmap. They will also be a primary member of the cross-functional team responsible for creating the most effective and impactful processes for our developers.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Collaborate on the strategy and vision to support a world class engineering organisation
- Evangelise research and contribute to the development of a strong and innovative research practice across our Cloud Infrastructure team.
- Ensure team engagement in user research studies, and help the product, experience design and engineering teams foster a shared understanding of research findings to drive research informed decision making.
- Share insights across your team(s) in creative ways to help them understand the needs of our internal customers, inform design decisions and improve our internal processes.
To be successful here, we’d expect you to:
- Have proven experience of conducting research within a variety of complex domains, experience within a B2B enterprise environment would be a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with internal partners including senior leadership 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and executing field research and demonstrable impact on business outcomes.
- Have a degree in psychology, anthropology, human computer interaction or related fields.
- Clear understanding and experience with a wide variety of research methods. demonstrated knowledge of when to apply each.
- Be proficient in processing and analysing research results, to generate actionable strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Have the ability to articulate a user identity by developing behavioural archetypes, personas and user goals.
- Have a history of effective collaboration with experience design and product development.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .