Stitch Fix (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (FULLSTACK) – INCENTIVES ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE TEAM
Stitch Fix’s Incentives engineering team is looking for a bright, driven, and kind Lead Software Engineer to join our team to help us evolve our ability to offer monetary incentives to clients. We build software with modern techniques like continuous delivery, test-driven development, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term.
Our team is focused on easing the burden of trying out the Stitch Fix service. Clients are very conscious of pricing and fees, and our team specifically focuses on addressing monetary concerns and working to reassure clients that the Stitch Fix is “worth” it. We work closely with product, finance, merchandising, payments, and marketing teams to ensure we have a robust set of incentives tools to leverage.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the personalization Stitch Fix is known for. We love building relationships that enable everyone to learn & ask questions. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Stitch Fix is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will work within a distributed team of 4-8 software engineers and cross-functional partners including product, design, algorithms and operations.You’re expected to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with coworkers and business partners.
- You will be working on our customer facing systems, creating the future of how Stitch Fix’s clients browse and buy.
- This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across multiple time zones. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long term value.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your non-technical skills by mentoring engineers on your team, leading projects your team is responsible for, and influencing the roadmap of our team. You’ll also participate in our team’s on-call rotation. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in engineering-wide initiatives that aim to improve our culture & developer experience.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team – leading meetings, attending ceremonies, providing input on technical design documents & project plans, pairing with other engineers to work toward a solution, etc.
- Collaborating with stakeholders while leading the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of complex and/or critical projects within the team or across multiple engineering teams.
- Model consistently delivering sustainable results against measurable goals.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, timely feedback, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- Actively invest in the professional development and career growth of your teammates and peers.
- Framing business problems using high-quality data analysis and empirical evidence for leadership.
- Finding new and better ways of doing things that align with business priorities.
- Influencing other engineers toward right-sized solutions.
- Owning and prioritizing the team’s technical backlog.
- Participating in on-call rotations and improving the on-call experience for others.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE…
- Stitch Fix is a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company and a data-driven business
- You will work collaboratively as a distributed team—we are a primarily remote team and we use GitHub, Slack, and video conferencing extensively to collaborate.
- Stitch Fix is at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- You will lead a team in designing solutions that enable our business.
- We offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- You are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
- You enjoy collaborating with stakeholders while leading the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of complex and/or critical projects within the team.
- You get to be creative every day.
- You’ll get to work with a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- You believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- You will have full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- You are reminded about our serious commitment to life-work balance, and have a generous parental leave policy.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble. We want you to take your work seriously and be open to personal and professional growth.
- You have deep respect for your craft. You’re always looking for better ways to write software and are enthusiastic about sharing them with your team.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Hands-on experience with building and scaling microservice architectures at scale (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Golang, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Node, React, Authentication).
- 1+ years of experience in technical leadership – including driving technical decisions and guiding broader project goals.
- You are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- You take initiative and operate with accountability.
- You are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions.
- Might have experience working remotely alongside a distributed software engineering team.
- Might have experience with schema design, systems integration, and messaging
- Might have experience working closely with legal and finance teams
OUR TECH STACK INCLUDES…
- Ruby,Rails,Golang and some Node.js
- GraphQL and Postgres
- RabbitMQ and Kafka
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.