Meta (formerly Facebook) (501+ Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Meta is a culture of curious and adaptive learners. Our people are naturally thirsty for opportunities to learn new things in pursuit of building an incredible product experience for the people that use our service. In support of this, the Learning & Development team at Meta are committed to helping build the organization as a socially committed community of learners in an environment of hypergrowth.At Meta, we believe that the keys to personal and team growth & success are rooted in how you leverage learning in a continuous way in and out of the classroom. And that this starts with understanding and being energized by our culture and way-of-working. For this reason, L&D work as a small lean consultative team, and partner with both Business and HR leaders to scale individual and team development across the region.To support this mission, we are hiring a Learning Partner, to be based in London or Dublin. Reporting to the Director of Learning and Development, International, this individual contributor role will focus on work that impacts across all the various regions that make up International.
Learning & Development Partner, International Responsibilities:
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Leaders and L&D colleagues to identify ‘root cause’ business needs that leverage L&D’s scope, priorities and resources to help individuals and teams excel. To be successful you will need to be expert in, and get energy from, continual close partnering with L&D colleagues and HR Business Partners.
- Design and execute innovative, scalable learning solutions that enable building a continuous learning culture and that supports, “just in time, just enough and just for you” learning.
- Intact team development is a priority: this role will work independently (consult/design/facilitate) with high priority teams to make them as effective (impactful and engaged) as possible. Particular emphasis on International regions’ nuances/context/needs.
- Provide 1:1 coaching and partnering with business leaders, especially as it relates to educating in how team and individual development can impact their business/organizational needs and the subsequent needs of their teams to learn, grow and thrive. Support the business with change management consulting for organisational transformation programmes where required.
- Communicate, develop and support members of the international L&D team and relevant [email protected] partners upskill themselves in Team Development. Serve as a thought leader in the Team Development and Coaching space by staying up to date on the latest research and current trends.
- Essential Mindsets
- To be successful, you will need to roll up your sleeves, and get things done quickly. You will need to be both effective in articulating complex strategies and concepts well and be reliable and effective in personal execution. We believe in ship and iterate, not prepare for perfection.
- You should have a strong ability to read and integrate into an existing culture whilst simultaneously ascertaining the extent to which changes and adjustments can be made to keep tracking with Meta’s company values.
- You will need to be part of many teams and have the passion to deliver with and through others. You will need to build relationships quickly, gaining trust and buy-in, but also be able to quickly disengage and re-contract as the work requires.
- Prioritization is critical – there is always too much to do. You will need to prioritize and manage both your energy and your work expertly. We are focused on creating sustained impact and often this involves careful contracting with stakeholders and/or suggesting alternative solutions.
- You should have strong L&D experience, but you will need to let go of rigid control that goes with the concept (ideally you will already have experienced the limitations) that ‘learning happens in a classroom/workshop’ and ‘L&D controls what and when people learn’ philosophies. Our mission is to connect people who have something to teach with those who are ready to learn.
- You will need to be able to handle continuous change and ambiguity and make decisions based on incomplete data. We are building as we scale!
- You should not take yourself too seriously, we want to do awesome work, but also enjoy the journey. Life’s too short not to be authentic and have fun.
- Proven expertise in creating impact-focused relationships with senior leaders / internal stakeholders
- Experienced in Intact Team development, including diagnosis, coaching, consultation, design, facilitation and measurement
- Experience in strategic Leadership and Team development particularly in complex organizations.
- A solid and proven track record in strategic learning interventions
- Experience working across cultures and with globally dispersed teams