OpenClassrooms’ purpose is to make career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere through quality online education. We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas and programs for the most in-demand skills. Each month 2 million learners from more than 120 countries use our products and services to develop their skills. We are now looking for a passionate and ambitious Product Manager to join us in helping anyone become future proof.
As a Learning Technology company, our Product organization brings Content and Technology under the same leadership. As a Senior Learning Product Manager in the Content team (also known as Learning), you will own and develop a specific category of the content catalogue. Your mission will be to ensure the product/market fit so that the studio only produces content that learners love and the labour market really needs. This eLearning studio brings together a vibrant and creative team of product leaders (like you), video directors, project managers, instructional, graphic & motions designers as well as a growing network of subject matter experts to try and craft world-class online learning experiences.
Your role will span across 3 main areas of responsibility:
- Product Strategy: As the owner of a section of the content catalogue you will be responsible for defining a strategic roadmap, and maximizing the business and career outcomes of your product portfolio. In other words, you will be expected to translate the company’s mission and overall strategy into a compelling product vision.
- Production Management: Together with the relevant team members, you will also be responsible for turning your vision into tangible learning products that customers can enjoy. In order to do that, you will lead small production teams throughout content delivery by kicking off production with clear requirements, managing scope, growing a pool of high-profile SMEs, and alleviating roadblocks when needed. Your goal here will be for content to be released on time, meeting requirements and without exceeding budget or the team production capacity.
- Revenue Enablement: Working hand-in-hand with Product Marketing and Sales Ops you will define the best go-to-market strategies, and support Account Executives in bringing your products to customers. As a result, you will be expected to regularly meet directly with clients in high-stake situations to pitch our solutions and by doing so gather customer insights to feedback into your content strategy and specifications.
Role-specific skills :
- Subject-matter expertise:
- Digital Transformation
- or Leadership and Management
- Proficient in multi-project management
- Competent in (and hyper-passionate about) content production
- Competent in cross-disciplinary teamwork
- Very strong product culture
- Outcome > process
- Leadership > management
- Team > function
- Customer > everything
Transversal skills :
- Intrapersonal: highly organized, ability to see the big picture while remaining detail-oriented
- Interpersonal: convincing communicator and dedicated team-player
- Problem-solving: ability to think critically, make and keep up with decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Language skills: Native-level french and professional fluency in English.
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of experience in Educational Product Management, or 2 years in Product Management and 2 years in Learning design.
- Previous experience in Digital Learning or Physical bootcamps is a strong plus
Reports to Laure-Anne Chiche, Head of Business Content
The journey starts with an HR phone interview and a meeting with the Hiring Manager.
Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Director of Learning Products,
- Learning Product Managers (peers),
- Director of Multimedia Learning,
- VP Learning
- And a few other people from teams across the organization.
You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact details.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. There is also a simplified “accompanying family” procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.