GitLab (501+ Employees, 50% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Location – This position is 100% remote, based in US.
GitLab is looking to add a Manager of Global Consolidation and Reporting to the team.
What you’ll do in this role…
- Will be directly responsible for all aspects of accounting for our international subsidiaries, intercompany transactions and consolidations
- Will Lead process improvement initiatives in Financial Close, Consolidation and Reporting areas and provide recommendations based on Financial Close & Consolidations leading practices
- Oversee the monthly financial statement consolidation process (including foreign currency re-measurement, translation and allocations, etc)
- Collect business requirements and apply financial concepts to translate them into solution design and proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies
- Responsibilities include closing the books under generally accepted accounting principles, performing accounting research, preparing/reviewing SEC financial reporting, developing audit procedures and controls
- Having knowledge and insight special accounting functions such as mergers and acquisitions. And helping get the accounting and entries correct.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management slide deck
- Guides and controls the teams’ general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy
- Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated to team as well as the business
- Guides and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits
- Works with internal and external audit as needed
- Mentors, guides, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of goals, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; Strengthens morale and motivation
We’re looking for…
- 7+ years of progressive growth in financial management roles in high growth companies, Software/SaaS industry experience is preferred
- 2+ years in a finance international role, leading various finance operations functions
- Knowledge of Netsuite is required
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $81,200 – $147,900 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.