Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading coaches, clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a Manager, Behavioral Health Coaching, who has experience as an empathetic people leader, mentor, and coach to lead a rapidly growing behavioral health coaching team. You should have experience supporting remote coaches through onboarding, training, and ongoing development while being an innovative thinker and thought partner along the way. We are looking for a hands-on leader who enjoys collaborating, learning, and growing in a fast-paced environment.
Grow our coaching team:
- Recruit, interview, and hire Behavioral Health Coaches as we expand across the country.
- Onboard, train, and oversee the professional development of behavioral health coaches.
- Provide direct coaching services to support a small caseload of Brightline families.
Lead your coaching team:
- Provide 1:1 and group supervision to a team of 20 remote Behavioral Health Coaches.
- Drive the team toward goals, standards, and objectives that directly support our strategic plan and vision of providing best-in-class pediatric coaching.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews, manage performance, and develop customized growth plans for coaches.
- Manage time off requests, organize coverage, and oversee the implementation of appropriate case escalation pathways across the team.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams:
- Support special projects and collaborate closely with program development, content, product, and member support teams.
- Help refine the system for knowledge sharing, implement protocol changes, and encourage the engagement of remote coaches across a growing organization.
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- 3+ years of coach management experience leading remote teams (preferred) or equivalent experience as a team lead, project manager, or senior coach
- An undergraduate degree in a health-related field with 3-5 years of experience working in behavioral health / healthcare / or tech startups, OR
- A master’s degree in a health-related field plus at least 2 years of experience coaching or working with children, teens, and families in a behavioral health setting
- An NBC-HWC or ICF credential, preferred
- Deep experience conducting risk assessments and escalation processes in a virtual setting
- Effective communication skills and strong ability to build lasting relationships with direct reports
- Strong time management skills — ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and create actionable plans to meet stakeholder needs and timelines
- Exceptional active listening skills — skilled at learning from feedback and process failures and turning these insights into actions
Really nice to have:
- A growth mindset to adapt to the constant change and evolution of a startup
- Strong attention to detail — you know the details matter when creating top-of-the line pediatric coaching
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- The drive to be part of building something new — to work hard, move quickly, and rise to the challenge
This is a fully remote position reporting directly to the Head of Coaching.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.