Productboard (501+ Employees, 143$ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Manager, Commercial Sales
Location: Ideally, San Francisco Bay Area or Vancouver
Productboard is looking for an additional leader for our fast-growing team of sales professionals focused on SMB customers/ prospects. We recently closed our Series D funding ($125M), with a customer base of over 6,000 customers. We are looking for a software Sales Manager who will lead a team of Commercial Account Executives to generate net new business and help us get to the next level.
You enjoy being elbow to elbow on a deal with your reps, leading by example by entrenching yourself in the field, guiding their focus, and helping them solve hard problems. You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: Modern SaaS selling experience, bottoms up and top down selling, expert deal strategy, previous history moving upmarket, experience with freemium (trials) is a bonus.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will…
- Lead your team to successfully achieve and exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas through proven leadership, strong business acumen, problem-solving and consultative selling skills
- Establish and monitor KPIs that align to your team’s business plan around pipeline generation and delivering predictable revenue
- Coordinate with other departments on technical, business and deployment issues
- Hire, train and motivate your sales team, including providing regular coaching and mentoring for personal development and professional advancement
- Develop and refine tools for monitoring and providing regular reporting on success and performance improvement
- Leverage Salesforce.com to track and report team forecasts, sales activities, pipeline management to accurately forecast and grow sales
- You bring a minimum of 5 years in sales, of which at least 3 years have been spent leading an Inside Sales quota carrying team focused B2B SaaS products
- Experience leading “hunting” focused teams driving new logo acquisition and closing growth business
- Must have demonstrable experience in coaching a sales methodology (‘Command of the Message’ and MEDDIC preferred), enabling the value selling process, and the creation of sales enablement programs that focus on competitive differentiation and execution
- Experience helping a team sell a platform with multiple products and navigating through multiple buyers across and organization
- Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management
- Proven leadership qualities, including selecting and developing staff, communicating a vision and inspiring teams
- Experience scaling sales teams and revenues within a SaaS environment
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humor
You can look forward to the following benefits:
Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
Team events, such as off-sites and retreats
Shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
Mental Wellness Program to support your well-being and self-care
Comprehensive Health Insurance
Death in Service Benefit
Productboard is a customer-centric product management platform that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. More than 5,400 companies, including Microsoft, Zoom, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Brno and Prague, Productboard is backed by leading investors like Tiger Global Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Credo Ventures.
In January 2022, we closed our $125M Series D round, which put us into the Unicorn category of companies, with a valuation of $1.7B.
- Join at the golden startup age — established stability of a Unicorn with space for individual impact
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere, building a whole new category of software
- You can help change the way that products are built all over the world
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and new markets
- We are recognized as one of the hottest tech startups on the market today, named by Forbes magazine and Business Insider as one of the best startup employers to bet your career on and are regularly recognized for our company culture
About our culture
Imagine working in a place where everything matters — most importantly, you. At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
Forming our company values was a group effort, with every employee allowed to contribute. From profit-sharing initiatives, like stock options, to open calendars and communication, we don’t waste time on politics or ego. We champion openness by sharing our goals, success, and failures.
Join colleagues who love what they do and who are invested in their work environment and the future of the company. Help shape our company, culture, and product!
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. We do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other bias covered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values, and our Diversity Council helps to ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every person matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.