ThoughtSpot (501+ Employees, 30% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
What makes ThoughtSpot a great place to work?
To make our dent in the universe, we seek employees with unique identities, backgrounds, and perspectives that want to build an inclusive, respectful company culture and truly challenge the status quo. We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on selfless-excellence, continuous learning and improvement (2% done) achieved through diversity (balance-for-the-better) and inclusion.
What is the job?
Manager, Customer Advocacy
ThoughtSpot is seeking a Manager, Customer Advocacy Programs, to supercharge our obsession to put customers first and identify and activate happy customers into ThoughtSpot Champions. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to own our advocate engagement strategy, the ThoughtSpot Champions program, and the coordination of processes to build, capture, grow and share positive customer engagement. Your efforts will result in a visibly robust group of advocates willing to share their positive ThoughtSpot experiences in a coordinated fashion that delivers a delightful experience and adds value to their professional development. This role with work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to identify, source, and recruit customers willing to showcase their stories through events, case studies, video testimonials, online reviews, and many other assets aligned with the activity that best fits their preferences. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the customer recruitment, onboarding, validation, and fulfillment process. You will partner with Customer Marketing to scale our library of customer stories and assets for sales and our use of customer stories in brand awareness marketing. This is an opportunity to establish a valuable, rewarding, and scalable program that accelerates sales and drives loyalty and retention with ThoughtSpot’s key customers and across our growing community. This position will report to our Head of Community and Customer Advocacy under our Corporate Marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the strategic direction of the ThoughtSpot Champions program. Implement processes to programmatically deliver a best-in-class customer advocacy experience that effectively identifies, recruits, tracks, onboards, and rewards advocates and their interactions.
- Identify opportunities to merge advocacy initiatives into a holistic effort to provide a cohesive and consistent experience for customer advocates across ThoughtSpot.
- Partner with ThoughtSpot marketing, sales, and customer success to ensure customer advocacy results and assets are appropriately leveraged across lead-generating and marketing activities.
- Deploy a structured customer reference program in collaboration with Sales, Sales Enablement & Product Marketing to establish a library of current customer references, quotes, etc.
- Oversee the management and consistent hygiene of the customer advocacy database, via Slapfive, including monitoring reference limits, requests, fulfillments, reference activity, and outcomes. – Develop a funnel of advocates for Marketing to turn customer stories into emotional and inspiring brand awareness content, including customer references, case studies, videos, and online reviews.
- Align customers to relevant advocacy activities.
- Identify potential advocates by analyzing customer wins, satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Perform customer outreach to determine their willingness and availability to participate in a variety of activities.
- Manage program communications, onboarding, and growth of registered advocates within the advocacy platform.
- Identify opportunities to surprise, delight, and show our advocates how much we appreciate them and their participation.
- Perform interviews and relationship-building exercises to build out knowledge of customer use cases, implementation status, adoption, and usage.
- Find and manage creative ways to reward and recognize advocates that encourage participation and strengthen relationships.
What you’ll bring:
- Desired: Experience in building and scaling customer advocacy programs.
- Desired: Experience with Slapfive, Sendoso, Bevy.
- Desired: Experience managing and leveraging online review platforms like G2 Crowd, Gartner Peer Insights, TrustRadius, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate progress against milestones clearly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about building and nurturing customer relationships.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work within teams and cross-functionally.
- Experience in owning a strategy and driving tactical implementation and management of a program.
- Creative thinker and proactive self-starter who can bring new ideas and perspectives to existing programs.
- Data-driven decision-making; understanding of key community metrics and a track record of improving them.
ThoughtSpot for All
Building a diverse and inclusive team isn’t just the right thing to do for our people, it’s the right thing to do for our business. We know we can’t solve complex data problems with a single perspective. It takes many voices, experiences, and areas of expertise to deliver the innovative solutions our customers need. At ThoughtSpot, we continually celebrate the diverse communities that individuals cultivate to empower every Spotter to bring their whole authentic self to work.
We’re committed to being real and continuously learning when it comes to equality, equity, and creating space for underrepresented groups to thrive.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
To all recruitment agencies: ThoughtSpot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ThoughtSpot employees, or any other organization location. ThoughtSpot nor its employees are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ThoughtSpot is the Modern Analytics Cloud company. Our mission is to create a more fact-driven world with the easiest to use analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, anyone can leverage natural language search and AI to find data insights and tap into the most cutting edge innovations the cloud data ecosystem has to offer. Companies can now put the power of their modern data stack in the hands of every employee, extend the value of their data to partners and customers, and automate entire business processes. ThoughtSpot’s web and mobile applications improve decision-making for every employee. With ThoughtSpot’s developer-friendly platform, customers can also embed consumer-grade analytics into their SaaS offerings or build entirely new interactive data apps that engage users and keep them coming back for more. Organizations like Walmart, BT, Daimler, Medtronic, Hulu, Royal Bank of Canada, Nasdaq, OpenTable, Workato, and Nationwide Building Society rely on ThoughtSpot to transform how their employees and customers take advantage of data.