Altruist (51-200 Employees, 433% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Altruist is a fintech company that develops a commission-free digital investment platform.
Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better and more accessible for everyone. Our team is building a revolutionary platform for financial advisors and their clients to remove the friction from investing and reduce the barrier to entry into wealth creation and management. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people, better.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re up to. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
As the Data Engineering Manager, you’ll manage and build a team from the ground up, while still being hands-on technical!
What you’ll do:
- Work with product and technology teams to understand different entities and objects
- Define a model to store source data that feeds into a transactional system and analytics platform
- Work with content acquisition team in building partnerships with different data providers to enable integration
- Create and maintain multiple pipeline architectures
- Build and manage a team
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience building scalable, modular data lakes/data warehouse or 8+ years of experience building large scale data warehouse systems
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Analytics, Information System etc.
- Strong data modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills working with unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge in SQL and scripting
- Experience with big data tools: EMR, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with Relational and No SQL: Cassandra & Postgres etc.
- Experience with workflow management tool: Airflow or something similar
- Experience with AWS cloud service: EMR, EC2, ECS etc.
- Experience with object-oriented programming: Java, Python, Scala, R
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau/Domo or Looker
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment and has a track record of building scalable infrastructure and analytics platform
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for disruption. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the leading edge of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a young (fast-growing) company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we build our products.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s encouraged to continually grow and develop their expertise. We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Brilliance at Altruist means constantly striving to better your craft with a hunger for constant learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.
Think you’ll be a good fit? Apply with a link to your portfolio. We look forward to meeting you.