US Foods (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: Manager Event Planning, Corporate Travel and Expense (Virtual/Remote)
Location: US National
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Manager Event Planning, Corporate Travel & Expense manages a team of meeting planners that drive decisions related to Indirect Procurement Services meetings & events categories through detailed analysis of spend, understanding business requirements and partnering with functional/regional stakeholders to develop and implement strategic actions. Key responsibilities include making decisions related to event planning objectives, developing & executing a strategic meetings management program, implementing SOPs for the meetings/events category, and capturing company’s return on investment.
This position has been segmented “Remote Anywhere” meaning the work is completed 100% remotely anywhere in the U.S. except Hawaii or United States Territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, plan, and direct the daily activities of Indirect Procurement meetings & events team. Monitor and assess individual performance against key performance indicators, ensuring timely, accurate responses to internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivate, coach, share best practices, and create development opportunities for team to succeed
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic meetings management program within USF, including internal and external event processes and policies.
- Implement standard operating procedures for USF meetings/events with a focus on process improvement, streamlining planning and execution. Conduct training for Divisions, Corporate and Support offices on processes and polices as well as the benefits/cost savings of consolidated event planning.
- Develop event contingency plans to reduce attendee risk and US Foods financial liabilities.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to determine cost estimates and event budgets. This will include adherence to budget and ROI; prepare and present management reports as needed.
- Develop and manage strategic supplier relationships including but not limited to meetings & events solutioning & apps technology partners, destination management companies, catering services, event rooms, production companies, and audio/visual equipment requirements.
- Partner with Legal to optimize standard contract language to use with suppliers, including Master Service Agreements.
- Serve as a thought partner to Category Director to develop category strategies and continuous improvement initiatives such as a small meeting management tool.
- Support cross-functional projects as assigned.
- Overnight travel up to 50% required and ability to spend long days on their feet in a tradeshow environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Procurement, Hospitality, Hotel Management, or related field.
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) or Strategic Meeting Management Certification (SMMC) preferred
- 5-8 years equivalent work experience, i.e., Meeting Planning, Hospitality, Procurement, etc.
- 1 year experience managing people required
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment while working effectively across multiple functions and levels within the organization.
- Strong strategic project mindset with a focus on continuous improvement
- Expert in Meetings/Events management technology, i.e., Cvent, Groupize, Bizly, mobile apps, etc., required.
- Advanced knowledge in the large group meetings/events planning industry including, strategic supplier relationships, and contract negotiations
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire/motivate associates required
- Proven knowledge in organizing and managing all logistical aspects of small, mid and large size meetings/events within multibillion-dollar organization
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, prioritize tasks and influence decisions.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Ability to lead a team in a blended roles, in-person and virtual environment as needed
- Strong financial and analytical skills; embraces factbased decision making based on data; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data and spend analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $81,100 and $94,650 Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance.