Who We Are:
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
Kasa is searching for a remote Financial Reporting Manager to join our cutting-edge Finance team. In this position, you will help build Kasa’s global brand by creating, reviewing, and managing month-end closing and the financial reporting processes for both internal and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Finance and work in a cross-functional manner with others at Kasa. In this position, you will play a critical role in building a market-leading, financial reporting organization to service Kasa’s rapid growth across multiple asset classes and geographies. It takes a special person to succeed in this role and we hope you are excited by the challenge!
About the Team
Kasa is building an efficient and effective finance team to ensure best-in-class financial reporting and guest satisfaction. You will be joining a team with diverse backgrounds in hospitality, real estate, and private equity. The team focuses on building scalable processes by being resourceful and having a growth mindset. This remote role will be the fourth hire on the Finance team, allowing for significant upward mobility within a fast-growing organization.
Day in the life of a Kasa Manager of Financial Reporting
As is normal in the accounting world, each day will be different depending on the time within the reporting cycle. Whenever month-end close processes are nearly complete, you will be expected to perform reviews of balance sheet accounts such as fixed assets, accounts payable, and accruals, as well as P&L accounts for accuracy. After a few weeks at Kasa, your main duties will be spending time preparing and reviewing financial statements for internal reviews, investors, and landlords amongst other key partners, prepare monthly reconciliations, and flux analysis.
When you are not in the thick of financial reporting, your focus will shift to working on strategic initiatives. Some examples may be, helping develop processes to streamline future reporting, and participating in strategic financial projects including upgrades to ERP software and other automated processes. Your input will be required in the ongoing development and execution of accounting policies, procedures, and operational strategies.
Throughout the month, given deadlines, you will support the team to complete recurring tax filings and satisfying annual audit requirements. Also, you will lead the establishment of the sales and occupancy tax reconciliation worksheets.
Every other week you get to participate in a company-wide meeting where we discuss the business, you get to interact with leaders from other departments, and we share our ideas to help grow the business. Our culture is based on a remote work environment where we take pride in getting to know each other and what drives us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and preferably an MBA/Master’s degree in a related field, progressive GAAP experience required
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- 2+ years of experience in a financial reporting role
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management skills
- You’re highly motivated and able to maintain efficiency while working independently
- You’re proactive by nature and can act decisively when needed
- You’re a team player who is committed to uplifting your coworkers and the company
- Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Suite
- You’ve worked in the hotel industry at some point in your career
- If you’re a CPA
- You’ve worked remotely at some point in your career
- You are proficient in Netsuite
- Prior experience with financial audits
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Set up financial reporting flow and deliver on deadlines – including internal and external reporting
- Worked with Sr. Manager of Finance to increase controls and mitigate audit findings and deficiencies
- Become a respected leader and thought partner for your accounting team and the Kasa leadership team
- Understood the guest, property owner and operating team product challenges facing companies in the global accommodations space
- Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work
- Leadership coaching: Growth mindset is a core value for Kasa. One of the ways we deliver on it is by offering complimentary external leadership coaching to Kasa team members.
- Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse a portion of your monthly cell phone bill to say thanks for using your personal phone during the work day
- 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.
- Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.