Thinkific / Thinktific (201-500 Employees, 244% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you excited about driving change in a financial reporting process? Does learning about the ins and outs of a fast paced and high growth public SaaS company excite you? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As Thinkific’s Manager, Financial Reporting and Tax, you will be in a newly created role, taking on responsibility for all financial reporting matters, including technical accounting analyses, ownership over the preparation of the financial statements, and MD&A. You will work closely with our Controller, FP&A team, and external advisors to drive process improvements for our reporting.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the preparation and review of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, MD&A, and earnings releases
- Prepare, implement, and maintain corporate accounting policies across Thinkific
- Assess and document the impact and required disclosures for major transactions and complex accounting issues
- Support the timely closure of technical accounting matters with external auditors through the preparation of accounting memos
- Assist in month end, quarter end, and year end procedures, including reviewing booking journal entries in complex accounting areas and updating schedules as necessary
- Liaise with external tax advisors to maintain an understanding of the tax exposure and risk areas impacting Thinkific in order to address the steps required to limit our tax exposures
- Work with the Accounting team in ensuring tax reporting compliance by working with tax advisors in the preparation and completion of tax returns in all areas of tax
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Possess a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Have thorough knowledge of IFRS and public company reporting requirements
- Started your career in public practice and have experience within industry as well
- Correspond with internal and external stakeholders with ease
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a close team environment
- Enjoy taking on new initiatives and wearing multiple hats
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience in the technology industry and related accounting treatment, specifically IFRS 15 Revenue
Bonus points if you:
- Possess corporate tax experience
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!