Shogun (201-500 Employees, 149% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we’ve seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Some of our investors include Insight Partners, Initialized Capital, Accel, VMG Partners, and Y Combinator. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in North America.
What You’ll Do
As Manager of Quality Engineering, reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will manage and lead a team of QA Engineers and SDETs, and be responsible for the technical approach and strategy to testing our products and ensuring the quality practices will be scalable to our technology solutions. Working with senior members of the team, developing and enforcing coding best practices, and building test automation pipelines for CI/CD. The QE Manager will set up processes, strategies, with a focus on automation to improve quality releases of products. As leader of the Quality team, you will also oversee and manage releases, ensuring that features and changes have been validated, and both internal and external release notes are generated and distributed.
In this role, you will define the QE team strategy and be accountable for the team’s quarterly/annual plans and deliverables.
What You’ll Bring
Need to have
- 5+ years of quality engineering with a focus on enterprise SaaS
- 5+ years of experience managing/leading quality engineering teams
- Experience managing teams internationally
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams
- Experience in a Release Manager role
- Hands on experience with automation tools such as Selenium/Cypress, JS tools such as Jest/Mocha/Jasmine, and Ruby tools such as Rspec/Capybara
- Proven experience building strategy for Automation on CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to analyze automated test scripts to ensure data integrity
- Front End & Back End Testing Experience
Nice to have
- Experience in a startup environment
- Working in highly agile, software development process
- Working experience in a fully remote working environment
- Strong experience in databases, SQL and data analysis
A Note to Future Shogies
We know the and can get in the way of meeting potential Shogies. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong. We encourage you to apply if you feel this role is a good fit for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
What We Offer (Varies by Location)
- Competitive salary
- Company-sponsored healthcare, visioncare, dentalcare for you and your dependents
- Retirement plans with matching contributions (401k, Pension, and RRSP)
- Paid parental leave
- Stock options
- Yearly company and department off-sites
- Home office set-up reimbursement
- Monthly home office productivity reimbursement
- Co-working space reimbursement
- PTO, sick leave, holidays, Shogie appreciation days, COVID-19 related time off
- Learning and Development reimbursement
- Mental health and wellbeing offerings
- Quarterly Wellness reimbursement
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion, and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship. Click here (or click apply if no hyperlink) if you are a New York or Colorado-based, US candidate.