Synthego (201-500 Employees, 61% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Synthego is looking for an intellectually curious and data oriented candidate to join our Strategy team. This individual will be responsible for synthesizing market and internal data to help guide research, development, product, and business development activities. An ideal candidate possesses strong modeling skills, collaborates effectively, and is deeply interested in genome engineering, including therapeutic discovery and clinical applications.
What You'll Do:
- Lead development of quantitative models to forecast market opportunities and identify key levers
- Engage with data analysts to help define internal metrics and disseminate findings
- Combine internal data with primary and secondary research to understand market share and segmentations
- Manage third party data vendor subscriptions
- Support development of new business proposals, including written analysis
- Support communication and coordination of strategic initiatives
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Life Sciences or a related discipline is required; MS/MBA/Ph.D. or equivalent is preferred (with graduate level degree, 1+ years of experience in market analytics, strategy, equity research, or management consulting OR with bachelor’s level degree, 3+ years of the aforementioned experience and strong ability to support numbers with succinct and logical narratives)
- Experience with life sciences market models and forecasting
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and gSuite; familiarity with additional visualization or analytical tools (e.g., Tableau, SmartSheets, SQL, Python) is a nice to have
Company Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at a rapid growth company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k Match
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Synthego is a genome engineering company that enables the acceleration of life science research and development in the pursuit of improved human health.
The company leverages machine learning, automation, and gene editing to build platforms for science at scale. With its foundations in engineering disciplines, the company’s platforms vertically integrate proprietary hardware, software, bioinformatics, chemistries, and molecular biology to advance basic research, target validation, and clinical trials.
By providing both commercial and academic researchers and therapeutic developers with unprecedented access to cutting-edge genome engineering, Synthego is at the forefront of innovation, accelerating the development of truly engineered biology.
Beginning January 4, 2022, Synthego requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires will be given a grace period of eight (8) weeks to comply with this mandate. This requirement is a condition of employment at Synthego, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Synthego site or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability, a medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.