OpenPhone (11-50 Employees, 443% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
OpenPhone is changing that. We’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Our team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. We’re high trust with a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
As our first Marketing Ops Lead you’ll play a key role in ensuring our marketing technology is customized to the needs of marketing/growth, as well as set up to ensure effective data quality. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of MarTech platforms and automation strategies through various marketing technologies.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Own the marketing operations roadmap, ensuring marketing technology is evaluated, selected, implemented, and customized to meet the needs of the marketing department
- Partner with our Data Analytics team to ensure the marketing department can correctly report on customer acquisition costs, the payback period, and long-term value segments by marketing acquisition tactic.
- Help build, maintain and document Marketing Operations best practices for the lead lifecycle, attribution/reporting, lead scoring, lead routing, and campaign management
- Track and report on the entire marketing funnel including volume, velocity, conversion state-to-stage, and average value; make sure funnel measures can be analyzed by key dimensions such as industry, geo, and persona
- Make data-driven recommendations that will lead to better campaign execution and higher team productivity
- Continually work to simplify systems and bad processes, avoiding customization bloat and over-engineered processes.
You should have the following skills or experience:
- 6+ years of experience in Marketing Operations or Technology working with tools like Customer.io, Contentful, and Salesforce
- Direct experience in the enterprise software industry and SaaS
- Strong leadership presence
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- Demonstrated experience designing an innovative marketing technology stack
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Passionate about leveraging technology and data to aid your day-to-day execution
- An experimental mindset, a desire to learn, and a willingness to try new things
- Bonus: Proficiency in SQL
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don’t 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We’re serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We’re a distributed team working from around the world – San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.