Mailchimp (501+ Employees, 13% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Marketing Program Manager is responsible for managing programs and processes to help the marketing organization drive the Mailchimp brand and shape the perception of our products. This is a great opportunity to work with a world-class creative team and increase team productivity by helping to evolve and optimize processes and programs with impacts across all areas of the business.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. You possess excellent change management capabilities, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, and technical savvy. You are comfortable initiating and leading programs made up of multiple, connected projects with colleagues and management at all levels. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll do here:
- You will collaborate with different teams throughout the company to drive alignment on large multi-touch projects and initiatives
- You will work closely with marketing leadership and peers in design, product, and elsewhere to understand the impact of programs to the business and facilitate project prioritization, staffing, planning, and execution practices
- You will lead teams to identify program and project objectives, document risks and dependencies, and establish schedules to ensure timely delivery of scope
- You will create and oversee the maintenance of program documentation; communicate timely updates of status, achievements, and potential challenges to the Marketing Leadership Team
- You will identify opportunities for continual process improvement and lead the implementation of best practices across cross-functional teams
- You will support the creation of frameworks, tools, best practices and standards for marketing program management to improve team cohesion and performance
- You will build relationships throughout the organization, including with other program and project management teams, to drive collaboration in complicated situations
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years of experience in program or project management or related field, preferably in an agile environment, plus previous experience in a marketing or business operations role
- You have a BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or related field
- You have broad knowledge of project and program methodologies with demonstrated ability to align efforts across multiple departments and teams in a fast-paced environment
- You have flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to educate through a balance of persuasiveness with active listening of diverse perspectives to achieve positive results
- You have very strong organization, problem solving, and follow-through
- You have demonstrated use of techniques and tools to scope, prioritize, and coordinate complex projects, including websites, marketing enablement technology, and other digital application initiatives and implementations
- You have demonstrated ability to prioritize and get the most important work done first
- You have experience leading website and other digital application initiatives and implementations
- You have Advanced Project Management and/or Agile Certifications (PMP, PMI-ACP)
- You have proficiency with Workfront or other project management tools such as Smartsheets, Asana, or similar; plus Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected].
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.