The Zebra (201-500 Employees, 23% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is ‘All Stripes Welcome,’ and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We’re seeking a Marketing Researcher who can uncover and deliver strategic insights around the growth of our brand and the insurance consumer attitude. You will be responsible for measuring the evolution and impact of our brand strategy efforts, ensuring that our various ways of evaluating brand growth are cohesive and useful for the business, and finding opportunities to better communicate the outstanding value of The Zebra to insurance consumers at large. This role reports to our Director of Marketing Research & Insights and works closely with other partners across research fields to ensure a collaborative approach to understanding consumer and marketing success.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note – we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis to identify narrative threads, and tell powerful consumer stories to inform the business
- Facilitate and support ongoing creative testing, brand tracking and campaign measurement programs
- Conduct practical research using a variety of methodologies to bring the voice of the consumer to the forefront of our business initiatives and decisions
- Collaborate with other researchers and managers to answer foundational questions about the consumer experience, the value of the brand, and the intersection of the two
- Find opportunities to optimize brand strategy and media spend to meet our business objectives
- Share your findings regularly with partners and teams of all levels including senior leadership, and identify actionable areas of opportunity for business owners
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 2-4 years (or equivalent) experience in an ad measurement, syndicated or brand research role
- Experience with custom survey or syndicated research methodologies, including but not limited to: questionnaire design and programming, regression and correlation analyses
- Experience with marketing, consumer, and/or media research tools such as: Kantar, Nielsen, Dynata, iSpot, Qualtrics, comScore, etc.
- Experience identifying key story narratives that emerge from research and illustrating those findings to partners
- Forward-thinking with tools and resources, thinks quickly and has adopted a philosophy of moving fast and collaboratively with team
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience working closely with partners by advising and answering questions about research methodologies and best practices
- Possesses a passion for knowing the consumer, knowing the marketing magic, and being able to connect the two in non-traditional but impactful ways
- Experience with research vendor management
- Experience conducting research in insurance or financial services
- Familiarity with detailed research, especially with mixed methods approaches
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k plan + employer match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ the flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is ‘All Stripes Welcome.’ As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.