Messari (, 153% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Messari's mission is to promote transparency and smarter decision-making in the crypto asset community.
Messari is looking for a highly organized, creative, data-driven Social Media and Community lead. In this role, you will manage the development and execution of content across all Messari’s social channels and implement engagement strategies to highlight relevant crypto ecosystem trends, Messari thought leaders, and our products and services. You will also identify, launch, and grow new social and community channels. The ideal candidate is fascinated with crypto and emerging technologies, enjoys identifying and exploring new trends and culture, and is hungry to expand their social and growth marketing skills as they pertain to this exciting new sector. You will report to the Director of Marketing.
At Messari, we believe crypto is the technology of free people, free thinking, and free markets. We believe that cryptoassets have the potential to revolutionize both technology and finance and improve the lives of people everywhere. Messari is a data ingestion and market research software and information company. The marketing team helps create, distribute and translate all product and content marketing to the world.
What we expect from you/what you will do:
- Ideate, create, and distribute valuable social content across social channels to attract and convert prospects into customers, and customers into repeat buyers
- Manage Messari’s social media content calendars and daily posting
- Create and edit social media copy that is on-brand with the company’s tone of voice
- Engage in online conversations with the social community about our services and the crypto ecosystem as a whole
- Social listening in relevant platforms and monitoring conversation surrounding Messari and crypto as a whole on Twitter, Reddit, Telegram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and beyond
- Exhibit high attention to detail when executing all social media-focused campaigns and activities
- Have the ability and passion to deep dive into crypto and finance culture in order to solidify Messari as a top industry player
- Continue to grow current social channels and identify new platform opportunities for expansion
- Curate relevant content and memes within our social media feeds that encompasses a holistic understanding of crypto culture
- Look to develop and maintain relationships with influencers in the space
- Solidifying Messari as a relevant and in-tuned crypto brand by interacting with and providing commentary on ecosystem topics across social channels including but not limited to: DeFi, cryptoassets, Web3, NFTs, and general finance fundamentals
- Strategize and coordinate social media distribution of new research reports published on a daily basis
- Exhibit good judgment when using social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s playful, smart voice and tone while maintaining standards expected by our team, customers, and other stakeholders
- Analyze the company’s social media strategy and identify strategic weaknesses, make recommendations, and implement improvements
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- 3-5 years of experience in social media marketing
- 1-3 years involved within the crypto ecosystem – we don’t require experience applying your social media skills but want to ensure you can quickly attribute your crypto knowledge to (DeFi, Web3, Infrastructure, Bitcoin, etc)
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional short-form written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player, but independent and self-motivated
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Competency with social marketing tools (monitoring and scheduling software, research tools, trend monitoring tools, etc.)
- Data-driven, with the ability to monitor, track and optimize the success of campaigns
- A Plus: Interest in graphic design and familiarity using Adobe products or Canva, as well as video production tools
What the Messari marketing department does:
- Create content programming that helps educate our customers and the ecosystem to make better-informed building and investing decisions
- Communicate with our customers regarding their product marketing feedback and product issues
- Collaborate with external partners, industry influencers, members of the press, and more to build and maintain and build our brand equity
- Collaborate across various internal departments including product, business development, event planning, research, and sales, to ensure consistent delivery of full-funnel, multi-channel marketing needs
- Experiment with new marketing and communication channels in order to reach our customers and community via paid, earned, and owned avenues
- Advocate for data-driven marketing activities to ensure we can properly gauge the ROI for each activation we employ
- Create and deploy GTM campaigns in order to drive traffic to announce and create buzz around our products, services, and thought leadership
- Work closely with all marketing team members to devise online/offline marketing strategies across all functions
About the Messari Team:
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of marketers, with the ability to make large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Happy Hour to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
- Enjoy the ability to work remotely
The Social Media and Community role will be an integral part of the next phase of Messari’s marketing program. The Messari brand has experienced a great deal of growth within our content and social functions, and we are excited to have this candidate take us to the next level.
Messari is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and respected consistently. Diversity of experience drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, and competitive and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, and have our product reflect the diversity of our customers.
At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.